What makes it all worth it???

Options
2»

Replies

• battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Getting compliments off people that have never given you a compliment is always worthwhile.

and when people notice you have lost weight etc. :-)
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Def love the comments from random people in my community! And I have an awesome group of ladies I frequently work out with who are great at cheering everyone on.
  • pmermakov
    pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I was trying on clothes last week, I felt I looked good in the outfit instead of being shocked with how fat I looked like last winter. Also, seeing how my husband looks at me again like when we were first married. I just feel so much better in general to be at a healthy weight.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Doing my first pushup :-) But then.... doing my first real pull-up!!!! A few seconds to do a pull up was worth the year and a half it took to get there!

OP - You do look AMAZING!!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    having the SAHM rich moms come up to me at my daughter's school that I look amazing and want to know what I am doing. I was typically the shy wall flower - middle class family in a very rich neighbourhood. I run a homedaycare (so it's me walking 5 baby and toddlers to school each day to get my daughter). All the work has paid off, I have been told by countless moms that I look amazing, have more energy than I should ever have chasing 6 children most days.

To have these yoga moms come up to ME and ask ME for advice was pretty gratifiying.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    How you feel about yourself makes it totally worth it.!!!!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I tried on a dress (not the one in the picture) while shopping with my daughter the other day. I asked her if it was too short for a 50 year old. She replied, "Not for a 50 year old with a butt like that!"

I've been riding high on that one all week!
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:

For me it is about fitting into my clothing again and the way i feel when i look in the mirror... my confidence is slowly creeping back into my life & it makes me feel happy & content with myself...

Keep up the good work :smile:

Btw, your arms look amazing... what do you do to get them to look so awesome???
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My brother and co-worker have been my biggest supporters, always there with high fives and *ss kicks when I need.
    This journey has been worth it because I'm feeling strong again. Didn't realize that I had lost this until losing weight and joining crossfit and kickboxing; feel like I can take on the world and I've only just begun!!
  • Fisherdh13
    Fisherdh13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Knowing that by paying attention to my health (how much I weigh, how active I am, what I eat, etc.) that I am extending my life.
    Hearing my grown son say how proud he is of me for losing weight (and he's never said that before, not even that he was concerned).
    Having enough energy to get through the day and working all day productively.
    Being frustrated at trying to figure out what size I am now. :-)
    Fewer aches and pains, especially my feet.
    Imagining the possibilities for my future, now and when I retire, which is relatively soon.

Thanks for the topic and allowing me to count my blessings with you.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    That really is cool - I probably would've cried.

I like that people I haven't seen for a while call me 'Skinny' as a nickname now :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!