Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Has anyone used the New Balance N7 Heart Rate Monitor? I'm considering getting one so I have a more accurate calorie reading when I workout. I do want to make sure it will track calories burned regardless of the type of exercise but I haven't had much luck getting info online.

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used the New Balance N7 Heart Rate Monitor? I'm considering getting one so I have a more accurate calorie reading when I workout. I do want to make sure it will track calories burned regardless of the type of exercise but I haven't had much luck getting info online.

No heart rate monitor is completely accurate about calories. The device uses algorithms to estimate the calorie burn. The calculations used are proprietary.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

No heart rate monitor is completely accurate about calories. The device uses algorithms to estimate the calorie burn. The calculations used are proprietary.

So true. You could watch a scary movie which could get your heart rate up, but it doesn't necessarily equal calories burned. It estimates calories burned.
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar ft4 and I'm happy with my purchase. I've had it about a month and I really enjoy it. Like others said, it estimates the calorie burn, but I feel its a bit more accurate than the machines.

I recommend shopping around for price and quality until you find one that will best match your needs. I got mine from bodytronics.com

I googled a promor code and it saved me 5% on my purchase with free shipping, paid $61 for it and at most stores in my area, the charge$89-$99 for it.

Good Luck!

Rachael
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4 and I don't leave for the gym without it. I noticed when I put the exercises in on MFP it was more than what the machines indicated. With my HRM I am in between the two or on some days where I don't have enough energy lower than what both indicate. I think it's been really helpful. Amazon.com has some good prices and a lot of reviews.