I'm in a funk!

Options
It has kinda been a frustrating couple of days, and now I seem to be slipping into a nasty funk that I can't pull out of! :noway:

Here's a little bit of crap that happened the past couple days..My husband and I invited his best friend and a girl he was seeing over to our house saturday night. She had a few too many drinks and became so MEAN!!! She told me that she would love to switch me bodies for a day so that guys wouldn't hit on her :angry:
I also hung out with one of my dear friends (who is pregnant, and my hubby and I have been trying for 2 years) and she just had the most beautiful glow about her that made me overly jealous, and my sister just had a baby yesterday...
On top of all that, I put in 100% with my workouts last week, and ate incredibly healthy and the scale won't BUDGE :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: HELP!!!!

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Eh that girl said THAT? What a *&#%@. Anyhoo, keep it up. I bet next week's weigh in will reflect the past two weeks. That's how it seems to work for me. Every other week is when I see a difference on the scale.
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It happens but don't let others control your mood- only you
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, we all have bad days, weeks , months. Just dont give up, keep trying. Just take it one day at a time. Do something for yourself, buy a new outfit, get a manicure , pedicure, new haircut, massage, something that will make you feel pretty. We can do this together
  • MichelleWinkMil
    MichelleWinkMil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I say smash a pie in the girls face and tell her to go home. There's noneed for comments like that whether they are drinking or not.
  • shrublet
    shrublet Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yeah that girl sounds like a horrible shrew. For what it's worth, I think you're totally gorgeous (going by your icon)! And I've also had a week where the scale just won't budge- it happens, unfortunately. I'm not sure if you've ever watched The Biggest Loser, but they work out hours and hours every day and even they have weeks where they don't lose anything. In my opinion, it just means that your body is getting ready to lose a lot *more* weight. Hang in there!
  • mysi019
    mysi019 Posts: 55
    Options
    I agree, throw pie in her face and ship her butt home
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Well she sounds like a complete b___! Don't listen to her...I think you are gorgeous and would take whatever she said and throw it out the window and I wouldn't be inviting her over to my house again. You may be gaining some muscle or your body is adjusting itself and it may not show weight loss yet on the scales but I'm sure it will soon. Hang in there it will get better. As for you getting pregnant....you have to allow to be what is supposed to be. I'm not saying that is easy but don't let it weigh on your mind as much. Take a deep breath and let it go. I'm sure your mood will pass and you will be feeling like yourself again in no time!
  • sublimechik28
    sublimechik28 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That chick needs a good slap in the FACE!!!! grrrr i would be livid!! use that and work out to the max and release all that tension it will be great. the weight will come off just take patience especially if u keep up the good work and dont let this steer u the wrong way pleeeeeaassse!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Besides a pie in the face and a kick in the tush, I suggest you have your hubby tell his "best friend" that "Ms. Lush" is not welcome in your home again, and if he protests, tell him she owes you a MAJOR apology, and then 'maybe' you can reconsider.

Don't let the turkeys get you down. Hang in there:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That really helped my bad mood that I was having :tongue: I seriously love all the support here on MFP especially on days like today! I ended up having a much better day and am now really wanting to smack a b$*%#!!! LOL She better watch out cause I've been workingout :bigsmile:
    Seriously tho... thanks tons!!!! :happy: :happy: :wink: :smile: :drinker: