Drugs & divorce to happy & healthy-a weight lifting story

Options

Replies

• blackgirlfit
    blackgirlfit Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    OMG your story brought me to tears! damn damn damn. ive never cried reading a post on mfp before wtf lol.

THIS IS SUCESS! not only the weight loss.. but you finding yourself and overall beating the circumstances. Thanks for sharing
  • exzcape
    exzcape Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing a big portion of your life with us. You look amazing!!! :)
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. And you give me hope. Thank you.
  • sunnmuun
    sunnmuun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Kudos!!! Great job and amazing transformation to healthy.
  • dmorgan42
    dmorgan42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, you absolutely rock! Great story, I'm sure there is a book there! :smile:
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations x 100 on absolutely everything. I'm so glad that you found Health and Happiness!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    You, dear girl, are amazing. Congrats on your success and keep striving!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I puffyheart you :)
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yeah Yeah Yeah!!! Amazing! Love your journey, love your gratitude. You look great!! Just....Wow!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    a) your story is absolutely inspiring. just phenomenal. thank you for sharing.
    b) you are GORGEOUS! and i looooooove your ink. i can see you definitely went from no ink to hello, sleeve!
    c) it's truly wonderful to see how happy you are with yourself and with your new husband and children. yay!
    d) you're a fantastic writer and i read every single word.
    e) i'd be honored to be your friend :) i'm laura.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You rock so hard Ali!!! :love:
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad to be your friend! You've always been so friendly and inspirational. You kick so much *kitten*!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's a story!

And this...
    bb7eed53-b03c-47e0-aefc-8ffd80439940_zps56fcc473.jpg
    ...is stunning.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Amazing Story and PROOF that lifting weights will change your body! So happy for you
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....you are beautiful both on the inside and outside. You have done an amazing transformation and learned from your mistakes.

I am so impressed with your story and am really happy that you have a wonderful man who lifts you up. Keep up the wonderful work!

I love weight lifting too, so feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, Glad you are happy now and you look amazing :)
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Thank you for sharing.
  • KKWilson
    KKWilson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are! Thanks so much for sharing your story. I am recently divorced and can relate to a lot of what you stated about your prior situation. I am now on the road to taking control of my life and becoming the person I know I am. I just started lifting this week and I am excited to see where this is going to take me. Although, I have to admit I am a little nervous about lifting because it is such a different activity from heavy cardio, but I realize it is a change of mindset. So, I'm going to give it all I have, as well as time and see where I end up. Good luck to you and thanks again. Really struck a chord with me.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow I actually read your whole story (guilty of skipping sometimes) and what a wonderful story to share with us all! It takes real courage and determination to come out of what you went through on top. I am so proud of you! I look forward to more posts from you :flowerforyou:
  • gingajoy
    gingajoy Posts: 52
    Options
    I just wanted to say (apart from the fact you look amazing) that this was a really compelling read. I know we all love pictures, but you really know how to write well and engagingly. Must come from that newfound strong sense of self.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!