Will Insanity help me with flabby belly?

Options
Hi guys
Just a brief summary................
I had my son September 2012, I put on a lot of weight.Normal or not I gained about 70 pounds (195 pounds) I have always been around 125 lbs Im 5'5
After the baby was born I was at 175 lbs and I felt horrible, it was so hard to get back to eating healthy as I was eating pretty much whatever the heck I wanted during the whole pregnancy :embarassed:
long story short, It has been very hard to loose the weight but Im happy to say Im now at 132lbs
I started on the treadmill and doing other leg work to try and get ready to do the INSANITY program because I knew it was going to be hard.
The main goal for me is to be fit and toned,I really really need to get rid of this belly or pouch as I like to call it
I feel like I have already lost most of the weight but that stubborn fat just doesnt go anywhere :explode: its a bunch of flabby skin.
The question is this. " Do you guys think Insanity will help with that area? should I be doing something else on the side?"
Im am currently on week 4 day 1
and I really like it although its very hard. I have been eating clean and lost 6 pounds during the 4 weeks.
Any tips and advise will be so greatly appreciated,thanks in advanced for reading! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AngelsWearingKneeHighs
    Options
    Hi guys
    Just a brief summary................
    I had my son September 2012, I put on a lot of weight.Normal or not I gained about 70 pounds (195 pounds) I have always been around 125 lbs Im 5'5
    After the baby was born I was at 175 lbs and I felt horrible, it was so hard to get back to eating healthy as I was eating pretty much whatever the heck I wanted during the whole pregnancy :embarassed:
    long story short, It has been very hard to loose the weight but Im happy to say Im now at 132lbs
    I started on the treadmill and doing other leg work to try and get ready to do the INSANITY program because I knew it was going to be hard.
    The main goal for me is to be fit and toned,I really really need to get rid of this belly or pouch as I like to call it
    I feel like I have already lost most of the weight but that stubborn fat just doesnt go anywhere :explode: its a bunch of flabby skin.
    The question is this. " Do you guys think Insanity will help with that area? should I be doing something else on the side?"
    Im am currently on week 4 day 1
    and I really like it although its very hard. I have been eating clean and lost 6 pounds during the 4 weeks.
    Any tips and advise will be so greatly appreciated,thanks in advanced for reading! :flowerforyou:

Congratulations on your baby!!! I think your doing great with Insanity let me just say that, its an intense program and month 2 will kick you in the bum! However it will also change everything for you. I want you to know that it may not be possible to get rid of your loose skin with just working out and eating right. If it is indeed fat your doing everything you need too maybe try to incorporate some strength training in there as well since Insanity is mostly cardio HIIT. IF its not fat and is indeed loose skin the only solution, that i understand, is a tummy tuck.
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    yes trust me I have considered the tummy tuck a million times. But I was hoping someone would tell me its possible to achive with ecxersise. I know it will take a lot of work but ahh ok thank you :)
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes! Please check out my profile pics. I haven't had a baby but I hope it helps!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Fork put downs and table push aways.

those are the two exercises to help with a flabby belly.
  • silroxxx
    Options

I gotta google those,unless you can better explain them?
    thank you!
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Lol
  • silroxxx
    Options

Lol

Been doing that for a whole year :( lol
  • Alythatgirl
    Options
    I have done insanity with good results! But what really pushed the envelope from me loosing my baby belly was ditching the weight machines at the gym and getting under a barbell and doing big, multi muscle movements such as squats, deadlifts, cleans, push presses. Many tutorials on youtube. They activate more muscles at once, including the core. Other multi muscle exercises i like to include are kettleball swings, bent over rows with dumbells balancing on one leg, rows while planking. I like to throw minute long bursts of cardio in between my weightlifting (skaters, jumping squats, mountain climbers, burpees) to keep the heart rate up throughout the workout. Good luck to you!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    If it's fat a caloric deficit will solve

If it's loose skin then I don't know. I have heard some say that it tightens up over time.
  • silroxxx
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback :)
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights, and by heavy, I mean heavy for you. You should look into something that has you doing compound lifts such as barbell deadlifts, squats, bench presses, etc. New Rules of Lifting for Women or maybe Stronglifts 5x5 are good programs to try. These workouts will help you to burn off your extra fat and help you to maintain your muscle, if you're in a deficit, or gain muscle if you're not. These programs may seem intimidating at first but once you get over your initial fear, I was TERRIFIED, you'll see that the lifts are not all that difficult if you pay attention to your form. These programs will help you achieve the tight fit look you're most likely looking for. As for extra skin I am told that for the most part it will tighten up and if you weren't severely obese it will go away, but this will take time. Trust me and start some kind of weight lifting program NOW. You will be happy that you did! By the way Insanity is an awesome program and will help to burn that fat, but lifting is truly where you'll notice the most difference. Good luck!!
  • sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would love to get rid of my saggy tummy (i've had it for 7 years now and it depresses me) i can see mines def improved abit in the last 2-3 weeks and now after reading these posts i'm wondering if thats because i've started doing bodypump classes (my gym does les mills program) aswell as the spin classes i was doing before? If thats the reason i will def be sticking at them, there hard going!

I just did the insanity fitness test i'm not really convinced i'm fit enough for the acual programme yet as it near killed me, i'm sure my headache didn't help :(
  • FineFitFatty
    Options
    Did you have a c-section or vaginal birth? I know the "pooch" is much harder to rid after a c-section.

I haven't done Insanity, but I have seen people have some great results from it. I will tell you that I, similarly, gained way too much with my last baby leaving me with about 25 lbs of excess. I was running, and running, and not seeing any results in my middle. I decided to start heavy lifting, as a takeaway from my college soccer days, and with all of the stress these boards put on it, and my stomach changed in THREE weeks. I do predominately compound lifts, with ancillary lifts in between.

May 4th (first day of strength building), May 17th, and May 24th (don't have any up to date ones).
    2m3ml9y.jpg
  • sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Did you have a c-section or vaginal birth? I know the "pooch" is much harder to rid after a c-section.

I haven't done Insanity, but I have seen people have some great results from it. I will tell you that I, similarly, gained way too much with my last baby leaving me with about 25 lbs of excess. I was running, and running, and not seeing any results in my middle. I decided to start heavy lifting, as a takeaway from my college soccer days, and with all of the stress these boards put on it, and my stomach changed in THREE weeks. I do predominately compound lifts, with ancillary lifts in between.

May 4th (first day of strength building), May 17th, and May 24th (don't have any up to date ones).
    2m3ml9y.jpg

Your tummy looks great! I had 2 natural births, but as my first was twins and i was tiny back then i tore my stomach muscles, i was booked into physio then i got sick and never bothered booking again which was silly! I think i'll def stick to bodypump. op feel free to add me since we have similar goals :)
  • cheralee22
    cheralee22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had my son 2 years ago and gained alot of weight I tried diets etc but insanity is the best decision I made. My stomach has gone down so much I'm on my second round now and it's still continuing to shrink so I think you should definitely try stick with it and maybe try incorporate some of the other suggestions which were made! Good luck whatever you decide!
  • silroxxx
    Options
    Thanks everyone for there suggestions,I think the whole weighlifting idea is probably the next option. Once I see complete the Insanity program I will see what Im left with and go from there .

I had a normal healthy vaginal delivery. I was not over weight before the pregnancy
    its just all the left over streched out skin from the baby I guess :(

But yes I will work hard at it and try my best and maybe by next summer it will be almost gone.
    I read an article yesterday,on the following link incase any of you ladies wants to ck it out,It sounds promising I think I will try this too

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/lose-pooch-best-exercises-lower-abs

I cant wait to finish Insanity and see what happenes.