whats the best exercises?

Options
what are the best exercises for losing weight? planning on getting wii fit with the balance board when the shop actually has them in stock! x

Replies

• lifeisaunicorn
    Options
    Just plain old walking is really good, and low impact. If you can walk for an hour a day, every day you would be doing your body a lot of good :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sex
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    sex

I wish that was on here as an exercise! haha!
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The best exercise is one you can stick with!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    eat, run, eat, climb, eat, lift, eat and repeat!
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    All of them.
  • globetrotter42
    Options
    The best exercises for losing weight are the ones you enjoy. If you hate it you won't do it. Some exercises burn more than others - ie spinning burns more calories than walking ( and it is more fun). Don't forget to stretch and cool down. Don't hurt yourself. It ain't worth it.
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Ditto
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    the best exercises for losing weight are exercises you will actually DO. be that walking, running, biking, going to the gym, swimming, hiking, kickboxing, karate, zumba, or videos like The Firm, 30 Day Shred, P90X, Insanity, Turbo Jam, etc. It doesn't matter WHAT you do....the important thing is to do something that you ENJOY (most especially when you're just starting out, but this holds true even for seasoned exercisers). If you don't enjoy it, you will be more likely to come up with excuses to not do it (then then actually NOT do it). :)
  • kairisika
    kairisika Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    sex

relevant: http://xkcd.com/940/
  • kwol18
    kwol18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    sex

Just use walking, moderate, walking the dog HA
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options

true story... you need to find something you enjoy. if you hate what you are doing to workout, you'll never stick with it... if you like bike riding, do it! if you like lifting, Do it!

however i think the answer your looking for(Which this is what i do) is HIIT cardio and weight training. i have an external challenge group that would give you a lot mroe help and consistancy in your workouts. let me know if you want more information.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    There is not one that is better then the others. Any form of physical activity to burn cals and eating at a cal deficit will get you to lose the weight.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Swimming is supposed to be great, as uses all the muscles
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The best exercises are the ones that are varied, challenging and force your body to adapt to new stress.

For a beginner that could be fast walking mixed with recovery walking. Or aerobic dance with small periods of recovery.

Do short bursts of intense activity. The easy stuff will burn calories but will not cause significant change unless coupled with a deficit.

I strongly recommend weight training for adding shape and preserving lean tissue as you lose mass.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    The one you stick with! It helps to enjoy it also.
  • ashleybreanna13
    Options
    sex

relevant: http://xkcd.com/940/

AWESOME LINK! LOL
  • ashleybreanna13
    Options
    sex

Just use walking, moderate, walking the dog HA

HAHA!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    the best exercises for losing weight are exercises you will actually DO. be that walking, running, biking, going to the gym, swimming, hiking, kickboxing, karate, zumba, or videos like The Firm, 30 Day Shred, P90X, Insanity, Turbo Jam, etc. It doesn't matter WHAT you do....the important thing is to do something that you ENJOY (most especially when you're just starting out, but this holds true even for seasoned exercisers). If you don't enjoy it, you will be more likely to come up with excuses to not do it (then then actually NOT do it). :)
    We have a winner.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    what are the best exercises for losing weight? planning on getting wii fit with the balance board when the shop actually has them in stock! x

Keep in mind that cardio burns calories & builds endurance, resistance training builds or retains muscle, and yoga helps with flexibility & balance. I try to incorporate all three. Others may choose to focus on one more than the other .....that's OK ... keep it varied to keep your interest.