New to MFP

Options
I've packed on the weight over the past 15 years and have realized I am larger then ever. I need the support to stay motivated, I need to loose alot to reach my goal weight, just hope I have the patience for it. I have a super sweet tooth so I am thinking of banishing all sweets for a while until I can learn some self control.

Replies

• cypressmom
    Options
    HI! I think you will find LOTS of support here! I started last Thurs with 45 pounds to lose. Already have friends here that are extremely supportive. Feel free to friend me and i will help!
  • splinky75
    Options
    Thanks for the support, I will.
  • sk_letsdothis
    sk_letsdothis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    welcome...I just started this site almost a week ago and it's the best one I've used ever! The support on here is awesome too! This is the first step and you've done it already so just take it day by day! There were a few days where I just wanted to say never mind this, but I log on here first thing and see all of the motivation and encouragement on here it inspires me :) so here's to your journey and best of luck! remember we're all here for you!
  • splinky75
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the words of encouragement.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place! Welcome!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth also. i had to ban it from the house too. I won't drive 30 minutes to get something sweet. When I do really need something sweet or I will break the eating right cycle I usually eat No sugar added fudgecicles. That does it for me. There is alot of support here. Add me to your friends list if you want. We all need any support we can get. Its easier when you have people with the same goal. Good Luck and Welcome!
  • artmikhur
    artmikhur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Started yesterday, bit nervous about going on message board haven't done anything like this before but I really need motivation, I have a lot of weight to lose so any help will be gratefully received. I can lose weight but I always put it straight back on again.Thank you for looking.