My SV and NSV

Options
clobern
clobern Posts: 341 Member
Well, I have been on MFP for less than 28 days now and started my lifestyle change 31 days ago. I don't have any pictures to share yet and I apologize because I know that's what people like... no eye candy here. But I do have some victories I feel like sharing.

So far I have lost 28.4 pounds. I know most of it is water weight... but it is weight. Started at 337 and currently am 308.6
I didn't measure until the 2nd week of this change and 2 weeks after that initial measuring I had lost 6 inches
My wedding ring from March was fitting just fine and now I have about a 3/4 inch gap between the ring and my finger
My belt has moved in 4 notches
My jeans have gone from a 46 fitting to a 40 being snug
My ex supervisor told me I am looking especially sexy lately :O
A longtime lady friend of mine told me I am looking "so good"
A whole new outlook on food, exercise and living in general
Plenty of NSVs that I don't feel like mentioning on the boards... use your imagination ;)

These are just a few, but I thought I would let people know that even if the photographs don't look like you've made change, even if most of the weight you have lost is water weight, even if you feel like giving up... DON'T!

Replies

• ladypapre
    ladypapre Posts: 4
    Options
    Super happy for you, and keep it up! The best part is when your pant size changes, right? Love that feeling.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy to my MFP Buddy :-) I am so proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss and your victories! Agree about never giving up!!
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy hearing other people's successes...and it motivates me even more!! Glad to see your mindset is doing MUCH better today! Congrats on receiving ego-boosts from people you know in real life...I know they're hard to come by...and most importantly...CONGRATS on your WEIGHT LOSS!!

I look forward to more updates!! :-)
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome job my friend! Keep up the good, no, GREAT work!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. I just love the loss in inches, and clothing size!
  • tyb03
    tyb03 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing story! Thanks for sharing. It really is motivation.
  • dru8376
    dru8376 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great post. Congrats on everything you have achieved!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, that post is just as good as seeing progress pics! Great job, and congratulations!!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    What a great job you have been doing.. that is really wonderful....you story is very inspirational...!!! And thanks for sharing... it people like you that help me so very much!

:bigsmile:

Pamela
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishments - thanks for sharing!
  • cjenkins91
    cjenkins91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! you've been doing so good! keep it up!!! :smile:
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress...those are some amazing milestones. Can't wait to see pictures!
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    I'm with everyone else - proud of you - happy for you - and motivated by you... :) High Five here....
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    It is great to hear how happy you sound about all your accomplishments!! Keep up the good work!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!