Do u suffer from b*tchy resting face?

Options

Replies

• Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Nope - I'm smiley. Maniacally so. It's what encourages people standing in the checkout line with me or sitting next to me on airplanes to tell me really intimate details about their lives. It also causes a lot of suspicion; I get asked, "what are you up to now?" on a regular basis.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    you could say that.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I remember after high school a few people coming up to me at various times and saying they always thought I was "one of the cool people" because I gave off this intimidating, untouchable vibe. I was NOT one of the cool people. I was a total wallflower with only a handful of friends and I liked being left alone. I guess my b*tchy face worked because people really did leave me alone. Woot! :angry:

P.S. I'm much more sociable (downright friendly) now that I'm out in the real world. High school is a scary freakin' place. You gotta have your armour on or you're gonna be crushed.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Not even a little. I'm smiley too.
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    Nope, smiley most of the time and when I'm thinking I get the tongue thing....you know when some people write or concentrate and they get the tongue at the corner of their mouths.....that's me lol
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I AM Smiling! Really!

Yes
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    No I don't have one, but I don't need one I just punch a ho
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Yes, I suffer from it. People ask me what's wrong with me usually. I once had a girl tell my I was giving her dirty looks but honestly, that's just my face. I think most people don't approach me because of my face, but oh well.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Yeah. People think I am angry or annoyed when I am thinking about something.

this^
    I have been told a few times that so and so said that I was giving them the stink eye...when I didn't even no who so and so was or what they even looked like.
    People always ask me if I am ok.
    When I am in La la land (wich is quite often) I look like I hate the world.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Had a friend who was like that. I was intimidated at the idea of talking to her for the first time because she always looked angry! Then I realized that's how she always looked, so it wasn't so bad. I still had to ask her if she was mad pretty often, though.
  • renrutb
    renrutb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "I thought you were really mean until i got to know you."

i've heard that more than once

^^I've heard that many times myself.

If I'm not smiling, people think I'm pissed, b*tchy or don't like them.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    LOL

Yes, I do. And so does my boyfriend.... guess we're a perfect match :)

Me and mine too ;)

I used to constantly have people asking me 'what's wrong' and seeing if "I am ok". It slowed down a little when I started gaining weight. But now I am losing weight, people are starting to talk to me again and wanting to sit next to me on the bus! Some people see this as a good thing but I hate people and have no need to talk to them and definitely don't want anyone sitting next to me to offend my nose with whatever odor they have decided to wear that day.

I used to have to deliberately try to concentrate on keeping a pseudo grin on my face all the time when I was working in restaurants. I work in IT now so I can just walk around with my normal non-expression expression.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    "I thought you were really mean until i got to know you."

i've heard that more than once

This one too!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I do, i can't help it...it's genetic
  • Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    YEEEEEEEEES All the time!!! I have to constantly tell myself "relax your face, smile." when I am out shopping otherwise people think I'm about to murder them. I'm just thinking, I swear!
  • ChelseaM8726
    ChelseaM8726 Posts: 117
    Options
    Or *kitten* resting face? ( for men)

Check out the video

www.theglobeandmail.com/the-hot-button/life/video-*****y-resting-face/article12491820/?from=12493173

Wow, mods didn't like actual link - have to replace stars in link

I'm SO guilty of this! Which is why I think it's majority of the reason why I have no friends! LOL!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Everyone always tells me I look pissed. People don't bother me - LOL
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Had a friend who was like that. I was intimidated at the idea of talking to her for the first time because she always looked angry! Then I realized that's how she always looked, so it wasn't so bad. I still had to ask her if she was mad pretty often, though.

I've heard this my entire life
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have it sometimes, not always. My husband though always looks pissed. All my daughter's friends are afraid of him, this is a good thing when you have a teenager.
This discussion has been closed.