Icecream once in a while ok?

Options
A friend invited me over for ice cream and I don't want to be rude and refuse...ice cream once in awhile is ok right?

Replies

• iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Everyday is OK in my book.

JK. A few scoops is going to set you back about 200-300 calories. Not too bad, just gotta make sure you do extra cardio tonight lol.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If ice cream causes you to experience explosive diarrhea, probably better to decline.

Otherwise, ice cream is a food with calorie/macro values. Track and make an informed choice.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream every single day. Typically a pint.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Ice cream daily here too, good stuff, creamy ...
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    had some today! Delicious!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Having some homemade ice cream tonight. Go for it because it isn't what you eat but how much.
  • snowbunny40
    Options
    I say go for it. don't over do it a half a cup would be fine. you could also see if your friend doesn't mind doing frozen lowfat yogurt. I find it helps me stay on track with my diet if I splurge one day a week. it helps keep those nasty cravings down.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day: a half cup of the lower-fat variety. Be sure to watch your portion size and all should be well.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Learn what a serving looks like, and eyeball accordingly. 1/2 a cup is the volume of a tennis ball (I actually verified this by dunking my dog's tennis ball in water, Archimedes-style).
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    log it and go for it! life is too short to not enjoy the occasional treat.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    A friend invited me over for ice cream and I don't want to be rude and refuse...ice cream once in awhile is ok right?

if by "once in awhile" you mean before bed every night, then yes.

dont be rude....go have some ice cream.

1310033470_obama_licking_ice_cream.gif
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I go by the : everything in moderation policy.

If you deprive yourself of tasty, delicious treats constantly... your willpower will eventually fade and (if you're anything like me) you will soon find yourself demolishing an entire quart of mint chocolate chip icecream in one sitting.

Eat the icecream! Enjoy it... just remember to try and eat healty the rest of the day. :smile:
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is okay once in a while or pretty much anytime you have the extra calories for it :)

I usually have 3/4 cup of light ice cream a couple times a week
  • safetygurl4175
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes... If i have learned anything it is don't deny yourself, just don't over indulge. I have lost 98lbs and I have continued to eat ice cream, m&m's, pie and cake, just now i get a piece () and not a piece ( ).
  • fumblemore
    Options
    Buy your self an ice cream maker (£25ish) then buy the large tubs of fat free fruit or vanilla yogurt. A fraction of the cost with non of the fat. Try to choose ones with a low sugar content too. It really is good.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Also a daily ice cream eater. Except today. Today is for s'mores.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving or so almost every day even when dieting strictly. It keeps me sane and on my diet.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Buy your self an ice cream maker (£25ish) then buy the large tubs of fat free fruit or vanilla yogurt. A fraction of the cost with non of the fat. Try to choose ones with a low sugar content too. It really is good.

NO.
  • llcjmama
    llcjmama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I have ice cream with my family once every few weeks when we go to the city! Just work it in to your calories and macros for the day and you'll be fine. The occasional treat is good for you, when you don't deprive yourself it's easier to stay on track!