Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I now have battle ropes!

I have been searching for battle/fitness ropes for several weeks now. I plan to add these to the days I don’t lift. The ropes are pretty pricey. I was looking for 2 inch diameter by 50 foot long ropes and wanted 2 of them (one for each arm). Locally that would have cost $376 but I could only find 1 ½ diameter ropes. Online and with shipping the price was about the same since shipping was a nightmare because 100 feet of rope is close to 50 pounds.

I checked Craigslist and found a guy selling 2 inch diameter manila rope in 110 foot lengths for $70. I picked it up yesterday. I then added a double layer of 7 inch long heat shrink tubing to each end to prevent rope splinters/slivers in my hands. Then I sewed loops into the ends of a piece of automotive seatbelt material and added a spring loaded clevis to act as the mid point anchor and I turned the $70 rope into what would have cost me close to about $400 to buy. I can anchor the mid-point to a tree in the back yard or the ball hitch of my truck or a few weight plates.

rope1_zps836b151a.jpg

rope2_zpsd6cc834b.jpg

rope3_zps4d9f3f9d.jpg

If you dont know what battle ropes are used for, this video will help. (that is NOT me in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbkbcPJTTes

Replies