Super Models? Or Super Gross?

Options
So I'm sure a lot of you have noticed this crap circulating on MSN (why do I even bother?).
MOST (not necessarily all) of these ladies just look, well, malnourished to me - NOT sexy. And this is why we're so messed up when it comes to body image...

http://glo.msn.com/style/whose-hot-beach-bod-9268.gallery

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Super None-of-my-business...because I can only look however I'm gonna look. Per my genetic potential.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Meh, some of them look like they take care of themselves, others don't. i'm just glad i am not in the public eye :happy:
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    The majority of them look like they take care of themselves. I don't see one that looks too skinny or malnourished.

I'm probably skinnier than a most of them - not bragging, just a fact. This is how my body reacted to a better, healthier diet. How do you suppose a post would potentially make me feel? In case you do care, it doesn't make me feel bad as I have a thicker skin than that, but what if it did?

Why the thin-shaming?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    What makes you think it's okay to call thin women super-gross?
  • misscharleygirl
    misscharleygirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think they look great.

Although that's not to say that this is the *only* way to look great.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I woulldn't be kicking out any of these ladies out of bed for eating cookies.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    MOST (not necessarily all) of these ladies just look, well, malnourished to me - NOT sexy. And this is why we're so messed up when it comes to body image...

The reason I think we are messed up with body image is more because despite winning a genetic lottery, constantly watching what they eat and working out before having a team of people wax, tan, style, dress, pose, light and shoot them in a flattering way, these people then end up getting photoshopped.

That is messed up.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I find your body shaming to be far more gross than anything in any of those pictures.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I don't find them to (appear) to be unhealthy or malnourished...do you even know what that would look like?

Stop body shaming.

PS- I am not messed up when it comes to body image...you can speak for yourself next time instead of using such generalizations of others.
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Some look great...some not as great...but we are all different and there is nothing wrong with being slim, just as there is nothing wrong with being a litte bigger.
    None of these women looks too thin to me...I think we are just too accustomed to slight overweight being the norm these days.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh good. Another body shaming thread.

I think most of those women look healthy. Heidi is looking fab for having 4 kids!
  • Supastarrnikki
    Options
    i wouldnt mind looking like them.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I tend to favor woman with curves like Jessica biel, scarlet johansen, sofia vergara or Blake lively
    So while most of these woman were thin I really expected to see sickly thin woman, honestly thought most of them looked just fine.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I don't want none unless you got buns hun.
    Wah.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    You know what I LIKE about this set of pictures?

It doesn't have a face associated with the body, so right away that preconceived judgement of "Oh its JLO, she always looks good..etc" is not there.

As a previous poster said, its nice to just appreciate others for who they are.. and embrace the fact that we are not all created the same. 130 lbs on one female may look completely different on another, just as we all are different and thats what makes us unique.

Bottom line is at least they appear to be comfortable in their skin, no matter what the size or shape.... :wink:
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh good. Another body shaming thread.

I think most of those women look healthy. Heidi is looking fab for having 4 kids!

+1.

I was expecting to see protruding bones and sickly women...(not that I wanted to see that).... but these women look very healthy and confident if you ask me.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Being happy with by body has nothing to do with what others look like, but what I think about myself. Putting down perfectly healthy bodies just because my genetics are different just doesn't help.:ohwell:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Stop the effing body shaming.

Srs.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Heidi is looking fab for having 4 kids!

Yes she does! Kudos to her!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? They all look pretty damn fabulous to me and I definitely don't like the TOO skinny look. I think they all look great and heathy.