250lbs Lost!!! & Now Success W/ My Insurance Company!!!

Options

Replies

• kajungrill
    kajungrill Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are living proof that persistence is key and anything is possible with hard work and determination! *Never give up!
  • Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Love a Good news story, and THAT my friend was a Great one. Well done for your persistence in your battle for what was right and Congratulations.
  • 2Sweet
    2Sweet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Persistence DOES pay off. Congrats to you, I pray that you have a speedy recovery. I wish I could have that done after having twins.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am in awe! I can only imagine the journey that 250+/- lbs loss was like. I applaud your dedication and persistence to change your life and am so happy you have finally gotten the approval you deserve. Just awesome. I feel like crying. Lol. Good luck on your upcoming surgery! :)
  • AshlieA96
    AshlieA96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the surgery!!I'm glad everything worked out for you.:smile:
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thank-you! I wish you and your husband the best! My wife and I both use MFP, and we are both much healthier than we used to be. She has lost 75-100 pounds (she was a little over 100lbs, but she has regained a little), but she is still working hard at it!

Keep up the good work!

-BootJockey
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Thank-you, that is so nice of you to say! I do know how you feel, I know people like that who inspired me, and that's how I felt then too...It's great to feel like I've really achieved something!

Keep up your good work! You two look amazing!

-BootJockey
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    That's great news! Please keep us updated on your progress.
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story. Thank you for posting it. It gives me a little hope, that when I hit my goal weight, that I may be able to have it done. I've lost over 200, but i still have a ways to go.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    what an amazing success! In every way, thank you, you inspire!!!!
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Stogie,

Most importantly, make sure your provider, your primary doctor, documents documents documents. Everything. Especially anything that involves skin irritation, rashes, any topic treatments, any infections, etc. Any affect it has on your ability to exercise, or be active in any way. Document document document!!!

I work for a hospital, and I assure you, that did me NO GOOD with our insurance company...but one thing I knew...documentation is key. Even then, it took 3 tries and a hearing to get it done...and my own doctor being willing to appear.

Be persistant!!! You've already lost 200 pounds...you already know how to be persistant!

-BootJockey
    What an amazing story. Thank you for posting it. It gives me a little hope, that when I hit my goal weight, that I may be able to have it done. I've lost over 200, but i still have a ways to go.
  • trishkolbe
    Options
    Yeah for you! Very happy for you!
  • fairygirl66
    fairygirl66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on such a life altering weight loss
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome beyond words!! Congrats to you for your dedication and never giving up!! So happy for you!
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting about your journey. I'm so happy that the insurance company finally did what was right. Good things happen to people who wait patiently, and sometimes prestige helps and it did. Congratulations!
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Thank-you, everyone!!! You are all so kind!!!

-BootJockey
    -250lbs
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! How long did it take you to lose the weight and did you have weight loss surgery? You look incredible. You've truly inspired me!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome. Congrats!
  • lmorr7
    lmorr7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your persistence really paid off -- congratulations!! What an amazing journey!
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Great job, congratulations on all of your success!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!