What foods do or did you have trouble giving up?

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I gave up nothing. I still eat a whole pizza to myself. I have a whole block of dark chocolate. I have whatever I want, when I want. I gave up nothing, didnt even make my portions smaller. I've never had a cheat day & never had a day off.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I gave up potato chips/ crisps because I am unable to stop at a sensible amount. They are not gone forever but just for now they do not need to be a part of my life.

I am having a touch of trouble with giving up the butter and salt I like to have on my potatoes, as well as the amount of butter I like to eat on bread (would you like some bread with that butter?) However I figure my body needs some fat and am not freaking out about it, just trying to cut down a little
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    cheese
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Didn't give up any foods or drinks.
    I did change the portion size and frequency of higher calorie foods but really don't see it as sustainable to never have things you enjoy.

Much prefer the approach of changing your priorities, for me that's:
    Calories > Protein > Fats > then the rest either falls where it falls or is available for treats within what I regard as a healthy overall diet.
  • sandieecakes
    Options
    I'm one of those "Americans out there" ha ha. I refuse to give up anything. I do eat potato chips sometimes. I eat cake, ice cream and candy "sometimes." I just don't eat these foods often and I eat them in moderation. I find when you "give up" something then thats the food you want all the time.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    chocolate. Im soooooooooooo addicted to that **** and whenever im in stress or hating someone lol I grab chocolate without thinking :( I tried with hot chocolate already or dark chocolate, but I dont like dark chocolate and hot chocolate well I dont have a hot chocolate always with me. I also tried a pudding with like 100 somewhat cal. that works. sometimes.
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Nothing... I just fit it into my macros
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any of the posts back because you should NEVER give anything up for good. This is not suppose to be a diet, its suppose to be a lifestyle change. If you deny yourself anything, your only causing yourself a bigger risk of relapsing later on. Moderation ;)
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Pizza by far.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    As the topic says. just wondering what people hated having to give up. for me it was crisps. or potato chips for you americans out there :-P
    I gave up nothing.
    If I feel like having anything, I'll have it, as long as I can fit it in my day. Once I start thinking "I cannot have this," I become obsessed with it.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    As the topic says. just wondering what people hated having to give up. for me it was crisps. or potato chips for you americans out there :-P
    I gave up nothing.
    If I feel like having anything, I'll have it, as long as I can fit it in my day. Once I start thinking "I cannot have this," I become obsessed with it.
    That is so true!!! But I am trying to cut down on wine. It's a tough one....!!
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    i find that after a few months im not craving anything unhealthy at all :-)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    i find that after a few months im not craving anything unhealthy at all :-)
    I'm not craving anything unhealthy either! (Of course, we may have different definitions of "unhealthy"...) :smile:
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    For the most part I don't completely give up anything, but everytime I get gas at holiday I have to make sure I don't get one of these: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/update_nutrition_facts/78772319?date=2013-06-13&show_controls=true because it's a rough rest of the day if I do.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I pretty much changed the way I ate completely, overnight. And I can honestly say I don't miss anything about the way I used to eat. However, I did also give up diet sodas because of my acid reflux, and I miss that HORRIBLY!!!
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or any sort of frozen dessert. I can be so good all day, but I still think I'll have a scoop of Froyo at the end of the day and end up eating half a carton.
    I have to have (light) mayo here and there. It's a weird addiction.
    Regular cheese was so much better.
    I still can't go to the cinema without that ridiculous popcorn.
  • OkaNekko
    OkaNekko Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Now that I know the true nutritional profile of pizza, I can't bring myself to eat it most of the time (even though I love it, and would eat it every day if I could). I let myself have pizza once every month or two, but somehow, knowing what a calorie and fat bomb it is has kind of taken the joy out of pizza for me.

Have you ever tried Pizzeria Chicken?

Pizzeria Chicken

Servings: 4
    Ingredients
    Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
    1 small onion, sliced
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    1 green bell pepper, sliced
    1 cup pasta or pizza sauce
    1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
    20 slices pepperoni

Prep
    1. PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
    2. PLACE onion slices evenly in foil-lined pan. Top onions with chicken, peppers and pasta sauce

Cook
    1. Butterfly the chicken breasts. BAKE 20 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese and pepperoni.
    2. CONTINUE BAKING 20 to 25 minutes longer or until chicken reaches 170°F and juices run clear.
    3. REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP: Turkey pepperoni may be substituted for pepperoni, if desired.
  • aTallLiam
    aTallLiam Posts: 75
    Options
    I had a real trouble giving up a lot of foods.
    I used to eat 4 bags of crisps a day, now I only eat 1 every couple of days.
    Donner kebab, even when I was eating I knew how bad it was. 1 large donner kebab is around 1,800 calories!!!!!
    Meat pizza... the works, pepperoni, sausage, mince meat, chicken... must... resist....
    Takeout meals. Now, I still have one every saturday, but I think a chicken kebab, no sauce and half a small fries is better than 1 large meat pizza, extra large fries, large onion rings and popcorn chicken... woah... typing that just made me feel sick...
    I used to drink A LOT of coca cola, like 1 litre a day... haven't touched it for 12 weeks :D
    I used to eat the smart price chocolate bars from asda, now, if you don't live in england, you won't know that asda doubles the sugar and fat in these smart price products, and I was eating 1-2 a day.

Wow... just typing that made me feel really sick... I'm so glad I've started eating healthier, I was on my way to type 2 diabetes or something...