Still wont fit

Options
Just needed a rant with anyone that might be in the same boat...

I have a friends wedding on Saturday and bought a gorgeous dress a while back to wear. 3 weeks ago i tried it on again and it wouldnt close, so I dedicated the last 3 weeks to make it look good. So after 3 weeks eating well and exercise the scales are still the same, and ive ran out of time. The dress fits...JUST but is unbelievably tight over my bum and thighs, and to be honest the thought of putting it on depresses me! Now too late to buy anything new and too late to make any more changes as Ive only got one day to go, and no amound of diet or exercise will make a difference now! Feeling very blue now on what should be a happy weekend!! In fact all I can think about it bending over and it bursting at the zip!

Take into account that the majority of the people that will be there I havent seen since I left school so wanted too look good!! Anyone been in this boat before? Cheer me up make me feel like im not the only one!!

Feeling pretty deflated about the whole thing, and feel like caving in my whole exercise and diet regime on Sunday!!

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    bought a gorgeous dress a while back to wear. 3 weeks ago i tried it on again and it wouldnt close, so I dedicated the last 3 weeks to make it look good.

This is your error. 3 weeks is not long enough. Suck it up and get a new dress. Then return to diet/ exercise and set a realistic time goal for it to fit.
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, where you've spent so much effort trying to get into shape and nothing's happening, so you just blow the whole thing and curl up on the couch with a book or a movie and gorge on cookies and chips. Why bother, if nothing's working? But I can tell you from repeated (and repeated, and repeated) experience: doing that will make you feel better for the hour or so you're doing it, and then you'll feel like crap for the next week.

But jo_marnes is right. Three weeks is not enough time. Give it another 30 days, and maybe let us know what you're doing for exercise and what you're eating...there might be something you could do or stop doing that's holding you back. Keep working hard and stick to it, and you'll be able to fit into that dress for the next wedding you go to, but for tomorrow...Go out shopping today or this evening after work (make sure you eat something satisfying and healthy beforehand so you don't get sucked into food court garbage), give yourself the entire evening to find something (because stress shopping is the worst!), then go home and relax with a pedicure and some good music.
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just needed a rant with anyone that might be in the same boat...

I have a friends wedding on Saturday and bought a gorgeous dress a while back to wear. 3 weeks ago i tried it on again and it wouldnt close, so I dedicated the last 3 weeks to make it look good. So after 3 weeks eating well and exercise the scales are still the same, and ive ran out of time. The dress fits...JUST but is unbelievably tight over my bum and thighs, and to be honest the thought of putting it on depresses me! Now too late to buy anything new and too late to make any more changes as Ive only got one day to go, and no amound of diet or exercise will make a difference now! Feeling very blue now on what should be a happy weekend!! In fact all I can think about it bending over and it bursting at the zip!

Take into account that the majority of the people that will be there I havent seen since I left school so wanted too look good!! Anyone been in this boat before? Cheer me up make me feel like im not the only one!!

Feeling pretty deflated about the whole thing, and feel like caving in my whole exercise and diet regime on Sunday!!

You aren't!! While yeah, 3 weeks isn't long enough to make a dent, it IS long enough to feasibly lose 5 or so pounds and that can be all it takes to finish off the zipper and feel great. I'm all too familiar with working my butt off and dieting into oblivion and the scale laughing at me after 3 weeks: "1lb down. Good job. It's water. Have a good time at your reunion. Your dress makes you look fat"

I'm sure you look great though and Spanx is always a friend when you're in need. If you're feeling insecure maybe get a sheer shawl to add an extra layer while still showing off your bod. And keep at it! Think how great you'll feel even if it looks great on your another 3 weeks down the road!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Go on your lunch or whenever you can and get a new dress that you feel good in. It will be so worth it. You don't want to be stuck in something tight that you think might burst open. It will ruin your good time.
  • lisette149
    Options
    I have done this before. I bought a dress I loved (but barely fit into) for a yearly work event and set a goal to have it fit perfect in time for the event. I had three weeks but didn't meet my goal. I wore the dress. It fit tight and it didn't make me feel good about myself.

I still have the dress, and now, two years later, it fits quite well thanks to MFP. I plan on wearing it to other events because now that it fits, it makes me feel really good. My advice to you is to not wear the dress until it makes you feel good to wear it. Confidence in what your wearing makes all the difference in how you look to other people and how you feel about yourself.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Dude, blowing off your diet and workout on Sunday would be like shooting yourself in the foot. Yeah, you screwed up. You overestimated how much you could accomplish in three weeks (newsflash: not a hell of a lot) and you had an unrealistic goal. That doesn't mean you can't still look good. Get a dress that fits you, even if you have to borrow one from a friend. Then spend the next month making the gorgeous dress you bought fit. Lesson learned.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    get a new dress you still have some time and feeling comfortable and confident will trump everything else. 3 weeks is not long enough to expect your body to change! Maybe tuck it away and try on again in a few moths :) I have jeans i bought as motivation pants ohh about 4 months ago and still don't fit. :grumble: 3 weeks is nothing lol
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    If you really like the dress, you could get spanx to see if it would fit better with those. Wear something that will make you feel beautiful, because you are so so so beautiful.

<3