What do you think is romantic

Options
Candle lit dinner, laying on the beach at night

Replies

• stacetherainbow
    Options
    Paying attention to your partner's likes and dislikes.. doing everything you can to make him/her feel appreciated and loved

Edit: and sexy!
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    A romantic gesture, to me personally, is any act that is intended to be romantic :)

Like, if my boyfriend got me an absolutely hideous dress...i'd be extremely flattered because of the thought and gesture :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Being handed a sammich and a pat on the head.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    noticing the small things. :-)
  • MissKais0912
    Options
    A romantic gesture, to me personally, is any act that is intended to be romantic :)

Like, if my boyfriend got me an absolutely hideous dress...i'd be extremely flattered because of the thought and gesture :D

i love those cute gestures :) those things are special, even though its nothing you may like!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    A woman saying "hi" to me. Lol

LOL - hi!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

This. When I graduated from college, I moved to Houston, and my then-boyfriend was still in school in Austin. We saw each other a couple times a month, but I would send him "care packages" on weeks we didn't see each other, with things like cookies or brownies I had baked for him. And one day I got a package from him with some cookies he had made. They were completely inedible, but I thought it was adorable, and I ate some anyway.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Last night my husband brought home veggies and chicken for grilling - we did it together (instead of my grilling alone which is usual) - sat on the back deck and watched the sun set. while listening to some music. Then we hopped in the boat and and floated around for a few hours while the sun set. Just talked. Some times it's the little things!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with Stace and Kelsie. Some of the most romantic gifts I've gotten from Hubs weren't jewelry or a dinner out at a nice restaurant (although those are great and very much appreciated), they were little things that showed me he was paying attention or was thinking of me. Some of my favorites: a shiny rock he picked up during a hike we took, little stuffed cats, elephants and dolphins (because I love all three but we can't have a cat because he's allergic), cards with cute/sexy sayings, and a hair drier specifically designed for curly hair. Oh and flowers, I really really love getting flowers. :flowerforyou:
  • SkinTightDenims
    Options
    The two most romantic gestures I've ever received:

1. I'm a little weird when it comes to fountain drinks. I have a special mixture that I like. Once when I was with a guy I was dating, we had stopped at a fast food restaurant, and I used the ladies' room before we left. When I returned, he had refilled my cup, with the exact mixture I always like. He had seen me do it maybe twice, and paid attention enough to be able to do it. Made me go, "Awww! :) "

2. The love of my life... In the little house we lived in, there was a little tea rose bush outside the front door. When there was pretty little bloom, he would clip it and put it in a little tea cup on the kitchen table for me. Tea rose in a tea cup, get it? So sweet.
  • H1L5
    H1L5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think my husband is romantic. Some of the things I like : breakfast in bed every morning, giggling together, getting dressed up when we go out - makes it feel like a date. Remembering and talking about how we met, cooking together, crying together at sad stuff. Going for a walk and holding hands, staring into each others eyes etc etc. :-)
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend sought out and bought me Harley Quinn comics. He also bagged & boarded them and put them away for me because I'm terrible about storing my books. In fact, he always puts away all my comics so they stay nice.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Last night my husband brought home veggies and chicken for grilling - we did it together (instead of my grilling alone which is usual) - sat on the back deck and watched the sun set. while listening to some music. Then we hopped in the boat and and floated around for a few hours while the sun set. Just talked. Some times it's the little things!

That sounds wonderful! I love it when Hubs joins me in the kitchen.
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sending me a simple thinking of you txt out of the blue-listening to me and remembering things I like. The little things sometimes can be the most romantic gestures.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Telling me how beautiful he thinks I am, and knowing that he really means it.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    oazv44.jpg
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    A walk hand in hand with a fine lady then a picnic in a meadow by a creek with the day ending watching the sunset over a country lake.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When my husband remember the little things , for instance on mothers day he bought me flowers not just any flowers an entire huge vase he has allergies so they are only the 3rd ones he has ever given me , I loved them he actually picked which ones where in it too ,all types I loved it and when he tries to make time for us to go on dates , which can be very difficult with 2 little ones and a 60 hr weeks lately 12 hr shifts and 3rd shift nonetheless, needless to say he is romantic in ways that matter to me even if I never get any more flowers as long as he reminds me he loves me and shows me always , he will always be in my eyes the most romantic person I have ever know and he is my prince charming, I'm very lucky .
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    working out together
    cooking/grilling together
    a walk in the park/on the beach/hiking trail
    breakfast in bed (made for me of course lol)

my fav thing would be curled up on the couch, watching a movie and eating popcorn and drinking a coke...
    I even throw in a handful of M&M's and marshmallows into the popcorn so I get little surprises of sweet as I eat it.