sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    These woman are HOT!!

Shame on you for body-shaming.m
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    :huh:

I saw no issue with any of the women's bodies. I thought they were hot.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Actually, it's posts like this that make us all messed up. I never had body image problems until I joined MFP and read all the body shaming threads. The only thing that's super gross is women tearing down other women.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Out of 31 I see about 7 that I think are a bit on the less-than-healthy thin side (but not grossly so), the rest looks just fine. I can tell with near absolute certainty that most of these models are healthier than me before I got into diet and exercise.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Oh good. Another body shaming thread.

I think most of those women look healthy. Heidi is looking fab for having 4 kids!

+1.

I was expecting to see protruding bones and sickly women...(not that I wanted to see that).... but these women look very healthy and confident if you ask me.

+2
    I also was expecting to see bones and sickly women. I think they all look beautiful.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well I saw all of the models and well most just appear to have a low body fat percentage and our taller or so it would seem and have smaller hips ,tiny waists and have some amount of lean muscle only one of them seemed a bit thin but nothing that could not be fixed without adding 10lbs to give a more rounded curvier appearance .

They are models and they have to keep their bodies looking great all the time since paparazzi are always looking to take bad photos .

So not gross ,but not the rule either, only 1/3 of the world have the so called super model genes ,I don't have it but I like myself the way I'm at my 4ft 10in self with curves .

Women come in all shapes and sizes who are we to judge ?

We should focus on ourselves more and not what everyone else looks like:)
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I think the majority of those ladies have absolutely amazing bodies! I didn't find any of them super gross! (in fact I'd take any of them over the one I now have lol) If I see someone who is severely anorexic I might feel sad for them and wish they could see themselves as others do, but I'm not going to tell them they are super gross.

Some people are naturally very slim, skinny even and they probably have as many body issues as overweight ladies. I think calling anyone gross based on their body shape is a pretty damn gross thing to say.

You made really good points, only thing I want to mention is that sometimes anorexics see themselves exactly as they are, anorexia doesn't always go with body dysmorphia, which is different (and vice versa.) Body dysmorphia can be had by fat and thin people alike thinking they look more or less normal than they actually do. Anorexics just don't care how they look a lot of the time, they always want to keep losing weight. Just thought I'd clarify, knowledge of things some people struggle with is never bad. ^_^