Better in your 30s than in your 20s?

Options
:) I feel like I am. I have never been bigger, but in my 20s, my only form of exercise was power walking. I did it for 12 years. It became so boring to me, like a chore. I wasn't really even sweating. I decided last September that I needed something new so I got a family Y membership and found a new form of cardio (elliptical) AND I discovered strength training. I look back of pics in my 20s and can see I am more toned now. I have 3 kids (almost 6, 3, and 21 months) and my goal is to look and feel amazing in my 30s, and have a lifetime of continued fitness.

Who is with me? :smile:

Replies

• MrsJ1105
    MrsJ1105 Posts: 34
    Options
    ME!

I've been out of shape for quite some time. I'm ready to tighten, tone, and get it together!
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 yrs old and weigh 10lbs less now, than when I got married at age 24 :) Plus I've had three kids since then too. I'm also focusing on being fit for the first time in my life-started walking this past March and it's taken off from there. I've discovered this whole exercise thing is fun, who would have thought lol!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Me! I still weigh more than I did in my 20's but I am in better shape. Still trying to lose some more pounds.

I am 35 with three kids (9, 7, and 4).
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    Not now, but in my early 30's I did look my best. I am almost 38.

I think you not only look better from taking better care of yourself. You know what looks good on you and what doesn't, just more put together.
  • dolphinie13
    dolphinie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am so in! I haven't had any kids, but I'm still obese and out of shape. I'm changing that more and more though. I am determined that my 30s will be so much better than my 20s. I am definitely in a better space mentally and emotionally.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight most of my life. Back in '99, I started working on myself, and by spring of 2000, I was 20, and reached my goal of 185 lbs. That year was the best year of my life. I hope to make 2014 moving forward great years. My picture is from that summer. Only pic I have from that time frame.
  • Neshmi
    Neshmi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My early 20s were the greatest years of my life. The second half of my 20s has been a slow decline in so many ways, but almost all related to my weight and health. I'm determined to make my 30s even better than my early 20s, as I refuse to believe that my best days have already passed me by.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    IN. Everything has been better in my 30's. 34 now and my self esteem, happiness, relationship status, job, car, salary, and now health and body have all improved in the last 4-5 years.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Making my 30's worth it. 20's gone. Ignoring the 40's.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Making my 30's worth it. 20's gone. Ignoring the 40's.

Haha, sounds good. I like the simplicity of it. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My 20s rocked and I was in the best shape of my lift. I got fat in my 30s...now in my late 30s I've trimmed down and getting my fitness on. I turn 39 in October and it will have been one full year of proper diet and fitness for me...already huge changes for me. I'm looking forward to my 40s...they're going to rock and I think I'll be relatively close to my 20s in terms of my fitness level...maybe just slowed a bit with age, but very fit.
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    me me me! the 30's are so much better than 20's. I weight more than in my 20's but I feel a whole lot better about myself now.
  • Na2rlBeauty
    Options
    Im am SO with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'll give you some more motivation - I'm better in my 40's than I was in my 30's! :smile:

I did have some health issues that got in my way, but I could have kept on the downward spiral. I hate to think where I would be had I not made serious changes. It's been a five year ride to get where I am now, and I'm looking forward to reaching more goals!
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 32 next month and recently divorced with one child. I haven't "felt great" since my early 20s. I'm ready to party like I did then but with the knowledge and the body I have now!
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and have just discovered how much I like lifting heavy in the past 6 months. I've been wishing I wasn't such a lazy punk back in my 20s and had gotten shape then because I know how much stronger and more fit I could be now.

So, yep, I'm better in my 30s than in my 20s. Hell, I'm wearing the same pant size I wore when I was 18, so that's pretty sweet.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    IN! It got better nearing the end of my 20's...I feel more confident(despite my weight) and actually a little prettier(despite the fact that I'm heavier) and happier even though i've become a little more boring lol. BUUUUT, the determination to better myself has been stronger than ever. I am loved, I am confident, I am happier and all that has made me better :) High fives to us who are like wine and just get better with age!!

EDITED: sorry fitness wise i was able to jog on the treadmill for 5k under 43 minutes...last time i did that i was 22 and i am a lot stronger than i was... :) that is a huge plus!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I got my first 6 pack at age 33, most of my late teens and early 20's I had the 4, but could never get the last 2.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I was pretty awesome in my 20s too :laugh:

Younger 20's were good fitness wise. Later 20's... not so much. Back into it now, with a focus on strength as well. Wish I had done heavy lifting when I was younger. Just really getting into it now and loving it!
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 in 48 days, so I hope so! LOL