Hi everyone. I am very new to this. Got interested since my

Options
Hi i am very new to this and still not quite sure what I am doing here but I am willing to take a chance and put myself out here for everyone to see just to try to lose weight. If anyone has any suggestions or tips to help it would be greatly appreciated. I am very nervous yet very anxious to get this started and start to see this FAT drop off of me...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• MoreOfMe2Love
    Options
    Hi i am very new to this and still not quite sure what I am doing here but I am willing to take a chance and put myself out here for everyone to see just to try to lose weight. If anyone has any suggestions or tips to help it would be greatly appreciated. I am very nervous yet very anxious to get this started and start to see this FAT drop off of me...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    15.gif
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Congrats for taking the first step thats always the scariest-- The only advice is to get active- and know that everyone here is willing to support you- There are going to be good and bad but you have to keep pushing (trust me I am speaking from experience) Just remember the weight didn't come on overnight and it won't happen overnight either-- Stay motivated on your goal as for your son I would put him in some sort of sport camp and get all the junk and soda out of the house give him the option of water or water- Best of luck
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here. Everyone is so helpful, supportive, and motivating!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This site is awesome and you will find a ton of support. Just remember that "you didn't gain it over night and you won't lose it overnight". I know, we all have heard that very statement a thousand times, but it is so true. Just be honest when you log your food in, know that you will slip every now and then, and most important just keep a positive attitude about losing. But if you need that little boost, we will be glad to help!
  • MoreOfMe2Love
    Options
    Thanks for all the supportive words. I am very scared since all the other diets, weight loss pills, and everything else hasn't worked for me. I have SEVERE high blood pressure and am borderline diabetic.. This weight has to come off and i guess the first step is admitting you need to lose it and second step is to go for it..So here comes the second step, I AM GOING FOR IT!! Thanks for all the support out here. I am definately going to need it!!

:heart:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic with HBP. I will tell you that I've tried just about everything over the years--always to loss then gain it back. But MFP is different. Not just because it's simple to log in what you're eating so you can keep track of your calories but the support here is great!

In the 3 months I've been using MFP, I've lost 43 pounds, my blood sugar has returned to normal from waayyyy high, my diabetes meds have been cut in half, and my BP went from 130/90 to 120/70!

So, you've come to the right spot! Ask questions, make friends--you'll love it here!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome:drinker:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome:drinker: sorry hit the button 2 many times (need to slow down on my :drinker:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you :flowerforyou:

My tips:
    1) weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:
    2) log it BEFORE you eat it, this will help you make better choices :tongue:

Wishing you the very best :drinker:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    You can do this!
    Plan your meals and exercise..and then do it!
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My advice to you is to be patient. Our society is full of people wanting fast, easy solutions to practically everything. Unfortunately, losing weight is one thing that there are NO shortcuts around - so take your time and eventually the weight WILL come off.

Oh, and know that everyone has a few bad days now and then. Just don't give up! :happy:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    the biggest piece of advice i can give, is to get active!

its really easy to let yourself slide from getting any activity when you are eating healthy and counting your calories too. That is very important, but it is equally important to get that heart pumping a little bit more than it is used to! Aerobics is the only way to burn fat. Combine that with eating less of the stuff and you will start to see those lbs melt!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    how do you put your cute little "welcome" comment in this?? :happy: Thanks.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome girlie!!!
  • MoreOfMe2Love
    Options
    Thanks..It really feels good to have so much support during an already "lonely" time..THanks for all the words of encouragement...Can't wait to see numbers get smaller....Hip Hip Hooray to losing weight!!!:flowerforyou:
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    Welcome!! We are all behind you!!:flowerforyou:
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Welcome home!

:flowerforyou:
  • CountessCatiche
    Options
    Yep - me too !! Already lost 10lbs but hit a blah !! This site is far ,more fun and its really great to see ya'll are not alone ! My BP is down, meds cut in half ( YAY ) I got off me *kitten*, walked the dogs farther each day - ride my bike and think to myself.. I am soooooo worth this.....

73651.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

You have just made such a great decision...kinda like hitting the health and happiness lottery!:tongue:

Wanna win the grand prize? :happy: Well....just stick around this site and follow along!

No kiddin! :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou: