No carb b'fast options?

Options

Replies

• missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    cheese omlet, guac omlet, egg "muffins", sausage and eggs, bacon and eggs (yeah, eggs are my staple) :)

have any tips on using avacados? picking them out ...keeping them from turnig brown, recipes etc (i have tried keeping the pit in..... my guac always turns brown :sad:
  • Cari_n_Jax
    Cari_n_Jax Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mini quiches or egg cups (example - http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1629064). It's an easy recipe and lends itself to modification to suit individual tastes. They store well in the refrigerator so you can make them in advance and warm them up as needed. As is, they are less than 3 net carbs (4.3 total). Of course, most of those come from the vegetables so, leaving those out will cut the carb count even further.
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I made a batch of these frittatas on Sunday and grab them for breakfast on my way to work. I didn't have prosciutto, so I used an uncured ham. I also used sauteed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and mushrooms. They are so good!!

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins

OOOOMMMGGGGG! These look AH-MAZING!!! I have to try this out this weekend!!! :D
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    cheese omlet, guac omlet, egg "muffins", sausage and eggs, bacon and eggs (yeah, eggs are my staple) :)

have any tips on using avacados? picking them out ...keeping them from turnig brown, recipes etc (i have tried keeping the pit in..... my guac always turns brown :sad:

Lots of lime Juice is what helps mine from turning brown.

ETA: Forgot you asked for recipes too! :bigsmile:
    2 avocados
    1 TBSP salt
    1/2 cup cilantro
    1/4 cup onions
    1 TBSP chopped jalapenos
    1 TBSP chopped tomatoes
    1/4 cup lime juice
    that's my go to recipe, I know others add onion powder/garlic powder too. And you can always adjust the ingredients amounts to your liking and taste , I LOVE cilantro and jalapenos, so mine is always chunky with those ingredients :happy: And not so many tomatoes.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I always just get the packet of Wholly Guacamole and try to use it as quick as possible, but even sealing it up in a bag, mine turns brown too, so i end up tossing about 1/4 of it :(

Im new to eating guac since i started cutting down on carbs so i just use it as a topping to add a healthy fat/stay more full. So, no recipe suggestions yet, sorry :/
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    Hi!, Does any one have suggestion on no carb good tasting b'fast options?
    please let me know as I can't think of any besides egg whites.

lol i like how you said besides eggs and just about everyone said you should eat eggs... i would agree with the person that suggested yogurt(greek plain, add some vanilla if you want it), Tempeh (great source of protien and i think its pretty low carb, cold lentil lime salad with carrots would be good too!

Well, in all fairness the OP only said egg WHITES. :wink: But really, anything with no or low carbs you can eat for breakfast. Sometimes I'll just have a burger. *shrug*

Same here, I've done bun-less bacon cheese burgers for breakfast lots of times and even just grabbed left over chicken from dinner the night before if not in the mood for the "breakfast" type foods.
  • hulahawaiigirl
    Options
    I love sausage, all kinds of sausage. I especially like those lil smokie links with cheddar in them. I can have 12 of them and a half of a papaya, or a large banana for breakfast. Or I eat one egg and 6 lil smokies and a fruit. Sometimes I eat pinapple with cottage cheese and a big cup of joe. You can do all kinds of things... I eat 4 oz. protein and 8 oz. fruit in the morning.

I eat high protein, low carb and Ive lost choke weight, I've been eating high protein low or no carb, since December and Ive lost 45 lbs.

If you need more suggestions, friend me, and check out my food diary.

Aloha
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Lots of lime Juice is what helps mine from turning brown.

ETA: Forgot you asked for recipes too! :bigsmile:
    2 avocados
    1 TBSP salt
    1/2 cup cilantro
    1/4 cup onions
    1 TBSP chopped jalapenos
    1 TBSP chopped tomatoes
    1/4 cup lime juice
    that's my go to recipe, I know others add onion powder/garlic powder too. And you can always adjust the ingredients amounts to your liking and taste , I LOVE cilantro and jalapenos, so mine is always chunky with those ingredients :happy: And not so many tomatoes.

yummy I will try it over the week end Thanks!!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    agreed but a lot less

:ohwell:
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    TWO eggs every morning??? Isn't that too many eggs?

I have two almost every morning. Why would that be too many eggs?
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    it's best to eat your carbs earlier in the day instead of later in the day... but, whatever, your choice.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACON. :laugh:

Best for who? For those with metabolic disorders, insulin resistance is highest in the morning so low-carb breakfasts are a wise idea.

OP, you said no-carb so most of my suggestions wouldn't work for you. If you want low-carb, here are a few ideas

eggs in all their glory - fried, scrambled hard-boiled, quiche, omelette. I add spinach, mushrooms, jalapenos and cheese. My favorite eirght now is jalapeno fudge - http://www.deliciously-thin.com/jalapeno-fudge.html

bacon, some sausages (gotta check the carbs on sausage!), any meat I have left over from dinner or a few slices of lunchmeat rolled up with cheese and lettuce

cream cheese pancakes - http://lowcarbpinay.blogspot.com/2010/04/sugarfreesheilas-amazing-induction.html

Muffin In a Minute (MIM) - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/453964-low-carb-muffin-in-a-minute. You can also make French toast with this.

There are also various hot, oatmeal-like concoctions made with chia, flax and hemp. I call it seedreal. Mine is 2T flax meal, 2 T chia, 2 T hemp seeds microwaved for 1-1.5 minutes with 1/3 c water. Remove from microwave and add a splash of heavy cream and some cinnamon. I adore Cream of Wheat and this is a good substitute.
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies for breakfast:

1/2 Cup low fat Cottage Cheese
    1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/2 Tbsp Coco powder
    1 Tbsp Splenda
    1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Lots of ice - Blend away!

243 Calories, 10 Grams of Carbs, 19 Grams Protien, 3 Grams Fiber.

*Net of 7 Grams of Carbs. Not too shabby!

was a no carb request not low car

some keto-ers keep it under 20 g all day

Wow, was that really necessary? She also said, besides "eggs".
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Options

1/2 Tbsp Coco powder
    1 Tbsp Splenda
    1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Umm... sorry? I guess.

BTW whole eggs have carbs...

Don't apologize. Unnecessary comments never need an apology. Thanks for the recipe! I love smoothies for breakfast, too. The OP would have been more helpful had she explained her reason for the low/no carb request. We are all guessing and only trying to help on here. . . Thanks, I'm going to try this tomorrow! Ever tried it w/hemp or chia?

ETA: typos
  • joellemorin
    joellemorin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For quick mornings, I like the Light Muscle Milk protein shake. Only 100 calories!
    It has 5g of carbs, but since it has some fiber as well, the net carb is lower (3g I think!)
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ***Bulletproof Coffee***

You can customize it, but my preference is: 16 ounces coffee + 2 TBSP grass-fed butter + 2 drops English Toffee or Vanilla stevia + 1.5 TBSP MCT oil. Blend it all up and it's delicious!

I get lots of my healthy fats in this way, no carbs, and I'm usually not hungry until lunchtime.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Black. (actually I usually take it with cream although I have been meaning to try bulletproof. One day!)

If I eat breakfast it's usually either sausage, bacon and eggs, or cheese, but I'm not a big breakfast eater.
    TWO eggs every morning??? Isn't that too many eggs?
    No. Eggs are awesome.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I ate cream cheese pancakes this morning, they are wonderful! Two eggs (I guess you could use egg whites) 2oz. cream cheese, one tablespoon butter, dash of cinnamon. Mix well, cook. I eat them with Walden Farms blueberry syrup which is carb free, fat free, and calorie free.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Bacon/breakfast meats, eggs, cheese, nuts, seeds, high fiber vegetables (things like leafy greens), omelets, or lettuce wrap sandwiches.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Weekdays, I need something fast and very low carb, because I have learned that if I eat a protein heavy breakfast, my entire day is better. I found at our local grocery store (Kroger for those of you in the Midwest US), they carry a yogurt brand that has 3 or 4 carbs but 8-10g of protein. I love these! They are so easy to grab and go and easy to eat even if I wait until I am at work. I know it's not completely carb-free, but it definitely can be a big help when you are in a hurry!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options

1/2 Tbsp Coco powder
    1 Tbsp Splenda
    1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Umm... sorry? I guess.

BTW whole eggs have carbs...

Don't apologize. Unnecessary comments never need an apology. Thanks for the recipe! I love smoothies for breakfast, too. The OP would have been more helpful had she explained her reason for the low/no carb request. We are all guessing and only trying to help on here. . . Thanks, I'm going to try this tomorrow! Ever tried it w/hemp or chia?

ETA: typos

Thanks! I thought it was a bit harsh too but people get kinda crazy on these things some times.

Anyhow, I have not tried it with hemp or chia, but that is a really good idea. In fact I am not sure why I haven't tried it with chia. I really like them. Great idea! Thanks!!