Quick low calorie lunch ideas

Options
Hi I'm looking for quick low calorie lunch ideas thanks for any suggestions

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast or fish and veggies?
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Salads, chicken & veggies, Cottage cheese & veggies (I love cucumber, grape tomatoes & avocado)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Bagel thin, wedge of Laughing Cow, tomato slices, small serving (1oz or less) smoked salmon.

Power greens, mushrooms, 1/2 diced tomato, 2oz grilled chicken breast, 4-6 diced slices pickled beets, beet juice + lemon juice as dressing.

1/3 can tuna mixed with 1/4 small avocado, 1/8 cup diced red onion, 1Tbsp dill relish, 1-2Tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes, season with garlic powder & lemon juice, all on a low-calorie flatbread with greens.

2 cups steamed green beans lightly coated with 1-2tsp store-bought basil pesto with 2oz grilled chicken breast on top (can eat hot or cold).

1/2 cup cottage cheese topped with 1-2Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, 3-4 sliced black olives, 1 large leaf shredded fresh basil, garlic powder, white pepper (you can also put this on top of pasta if you're feeling carby).

Pre-make hardboiled eggs and plain baked potatoes; grab one egg, one potato, a stick of cheese, some dark green veg, and whatever seasonings you like on your way out the door.

2-4oz grilled chicken breast (I buy 2oz tenderloins so portioning is a nonissue) over 1 cup raw or sauteed mushrooms, dress lightly with lemon vinaigrette (lemon juice, olive oil, a little garlic powder, white pepper). Serve on a bed of rice/quinoa/whatever if you're feeling carby, on a bed of dark leafy veggies if you're feeling virtuous.

-- Most of these are really easy with a little prep work ahead of time. Grill an entire package of chicken breasts or tenderloins at the weekend, pre-cut your avocados into quarters and store in the fridge in a baggie of lemon juice, keep bagged leafy greens on hand, chop carrots/bell peppers/tomatoes/onions in big batches, make hard-boiled eggs and baked potatoes in advance, sautee a whole mess (two or three pounds) of mushrooms and store in the fridge, steam plenty of frozen veg like green beans in advance, etc. All you really have to do from there is assemble what you want.
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bowl of home made veggie soup (50 cal) and a toasted wheat pita bread (pita 70 cal)
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com - might give you some suggestions :)
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thanks for the help great suggestions I didnt think of but will try