gaining uncontrollably, PLEASE HELP!

Options
So I've been maintaining my weight at 115-116lbs on 2000-2600 calories for months and months having gained from about 105lbs which was obviously underweight at 5,8''.
AS my prom is coming up I decided to tone up and read a study that found women who consumed 1200-1500 calories gained all muscle and no fat when walking out compared to women eating 2500. So I did this.
I've been eating this way for about a month and should have lost 6lbs according to my fitnesspal. I've now skipped a period (tmi?) and am sooo bloated, I look about 5 months pregnant. My thighs have grown by 2 inches and my hips by 4 inches. I've also GAINED 7lbs. It's theoretically impossible?

What do you think will happen/ has anyone experienced this before? I could cry at how badly things have gone and the big day is no distance away now!

Please advise?!

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should see a doctor.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    I agree with the "see a doctor" advice, as the symptoms you describe are symptoms of a few very different conditions.
  • dreamweavers4
    Options
    I agree, and have you taken a pregnancey test?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    +1 for see a doctor.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else.....what you are describing is a pregnancy.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm no expert, but your metabolism may have slowed BIG TIME since you cut so many calories out of your diet = hence, weight gain. 7 lbs gained in one month when you're underweight to begin with = that's a good thing. Not trying to offend you, but I'm one inch shorter than you and my 'ideal' weight is 122-149.

You should probably see a doctor for there seems to be some underlying issues here. Again, just some tough love, but I doubt you gained the inches you're proclaiming b/c you did only gain 7 lbs...I'm sure you look WAY better than you see yourself. Try to focus on something else for a little while.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else.....what you are describing is a pregnancy.

or...
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is one reason for skipping a period.

Another reason is hormones out of balance. If your body fat % drops too low, you can also stop getting your period. This is dangerous and can result in bone loss and organ damage over time.

Or if you are insulin resistant/PCOS can cause irregular periods/skipped/late periods.

Please go see a doctor and find out why this is happening. Preferably a gynecologist or endocrinologist if your GP can't figure out what's going on.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I would go see a doctor, but what are your workouts like? At your weight 1500 calories shouldn't really be to little unless you are working out like a mad person, and if you are then that could definitely cause you to miss your period.
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other folks.. The symptoms you are describing could indicate a lot of different problems. For example, if your percentage of body fat is too low, you don't have enough fat to have a period (estrogen is stored in fat); the bloating you write about could be due to water retention... SO time to see your doctor.