quick question

Options
Does anyone else go over their daily allowance of sugar, salt etc? I found I go over my sugar allocation because of the amount of fruit I eat.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Unless you have medical reasons for doing so, I wouldn't worry about your sugar levels. MFP doesn't differentiate between natural and processed sources.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Fruit sugar does not process in the body the same way, but in the end it is still sugar and should be controlled.

I know they say "fruits & veggies" but really its just "Veggies, with the occasional fruit"
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Things I tend to go over on:

Sugar
    Sodium
    Calories
    Fat
    Protein
    And on a rare occasion, my carbs will be high (fat & protein will be low).

I'm not good at managing macro's yet. Maybe some day I'll get better and it doesn't take much to go over sugar.
  • Lori0463
    Lori0463 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I go over on sugar daily
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I have had only one day that I stayed under my sugar allowance, sad sad sad face:( I have cut out about 50% percent of my daily fruit intake and for the past week or two I have come within a few points off. Since I do not drink soda and/or eat candy it is REALLY REALLY frustrating and almost impossible to maintain 25g of sugar a day.
  • ravenamidnight
    Options
    I always have a problem with the sugar guideline too, because sweets are my weakness! I consider it an ideal goal. However, you will still lose weight if you stay within your calories. Sodium isn't too difficult for me. I like to view the pie chart to see where I am with balancing my protein/carbs/fat.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I go over on sugar sometimes too, because I love fruit! I wouldn't worry about it. I would be careful on salt though, I try to never go over 2000 on salt, If I do it's usually because of eating out - oops :laugh: