AVOCADOS~~!!!

Options

Replies

• JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    IN for all this AVOCADO LOVE!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    I try to eat one plain, every single day with some salt.
    Absolutely delicious :love:
    Will browse here for some recipes! Thanks! :drinker:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I make an avocado smoothie.

1/2 - whole medium avocado
    1 cup Silk coconut milk or fat free milk (or whatever milk you choose)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 Tbsp ground Flax seed
    1/2 Tbsp Agave
    2 cups of ice
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like avocados and blueberries with a pinch of salt.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of making avocado ice cream? Frozen fruit, etc. If you have a recipe or have tried it would appreciate some feedback.

My friend who loves avocados used to get it all the time. I don't know where you would buy it but she loved the stuff.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    My Favorite salad w/ avocado in it!

I will take a 4oz. wild yellow fin tuna steak press it into sesame seed, a little salt and pepper. warm a skillet brown it 4 min. on each side (so it is very rare in the center)

I will slice the tuna up, and slice 1/2 an avocado. place them on a bed of 2 cups of baby Arugula (peppery in flavor), or watercress (so yummy). Crack some pepper over it, drizzle olive oil on and gobble it down!

Every bite is OMG good!
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump for later...
  • jasmineloses
    Options
    Ditto! I think I have about half an avocado a day. In my banana avocado smoothies (I cup OJ, 1 banana, half an avocado, 1/4 cup yogurt...I prefer Greek vanilla yogurt,and ground flax seeds, and ice), on my scrambled eggs, in tuna, on top of my tofu scramble. I could go on and on.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie:

1 cup of papaya (i cut it up and freeze it)
    1/2 avocado
    3 tbsp Hemp protein shake vanilla (Nutiva)
    1 c almond milk
    dash of cinnamon to taste
  • mctucker82
    Options
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!
    I eat avocados in everything, as often as possible. I'm totally in love with them. I want to marry an avocado and have little half-person half-avocado babies.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I just eat 'em raw. Mmmm mmmm good. I have also sliced them & put it in a salad with grilled chicken.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I eat avocados in everything, as often as possible. I'm totally in love with them. I want to marry an avocado and have little half-person half-avocado babies.
    Therein lies the problem, because the babies would only be half-avocado. And how would you eat that?
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love avocado raw with salt, pepper and maybe a little balsamic or something in the middle. But mostly I just scoop them out of the skin with my fingers and do naughty things to them with my mouth. >.< Okay, thats an exaggeration but still....I love avocados.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I love avocados!!!! New to loving them, but I have tried them in chicken salad (yum!) and I also like to put them on my chicken quesadillas. So tasty with a bit of crumbled bacon, green onions, spicy chicken, and cheese.
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    OOH, I love these ideas! I love Avocados!
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    I like it with salt and pepper. Guacamole is amazing too. I made a avocado shake a few days ago. 1 avacado, honey, milk and ice. It was actually really good. I put it on sandwiches, in wraps and on salads.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use them all the time...sliced up on my salads, on my sandwiches (great on a turkey sandwich) I love them on a burger, use them in place of mayo, loves them in my scrambled egges with fresh cut up tomatoes and some pepper! Delicious! One of my favs for sure!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I put that *kitten* on everything. Not joking. Avocados on EVERYTHING, drives my roomates crazy.
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh this may sound odd but them cubed up and put in chili is really good too.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i just saw something on FB, where you slice one in half, take out the pit, hollow out that hole a bit more, and crack an egg into the hole. Bake it until the egg is done to your desired doneness. You can put some cayenne on it, prior to baking, or some cheese or something like that.
    i find avocados a bit slimy, myself.