mid 20's looking for understanding

Options
Hi! I am trying to find some support using the online community because all of my friends are thin and have never been overweight (but say how fat they are at 135lbs) and it's really hard to feel support when people don't really understand the struggle. They seem to think it's easy to just stop eating and work out for over an hour everyday and that the weight will just come off. My husband has the exact opposite problem as me and cannot but on weight no matter how hard he tries so he doesn't understand what it's like to be overweight, let alone obese.

I started at 241lbs and am down 15 in a little over a month. I have lost 50lbs before, 4 years ago, so I know it's something I can do again (even though I need to lose twice as much this time). I ended up having a pretty traumatic experience happen and ballooned 100lbs in a year, and now that I'm finally feeling emotionally healthy I want to be physically healthy.

I have been taking pictures and it's been heart breaking for me to see absolutely no change in my physical appearance with my 15 lb weight loss, so I'm just looking for some support to keep me going and hopefully some personal stories to keep me motivated.

Replies

• Ellliemai
    Ellliemai Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey hun...keep the chin up.....one day at a time. Before you know it ull notice the smallest of change...and even that little change is gonna give you bucket loads of encouragement....Keep up your good work...because uve already came so far....
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Don't get discouraged about people not noticing yet! I've read that you need to lose about 10% of your body weight in order for people to start noticing. I started at 340lbs and people really didn't start noticing until I had lost about 35lbs. So I understand how discouraging it can be. But keep plugging away at it, you will get there and those compliments will start pouring in! :)
  • cluelessang
    cluelessang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im here for support. You can do it. One little bit at a time.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    I am Yvette and I am 25 years old. You can reach your goals. We have to fight for our happiness because everyone deserves to feel and be happy. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at my heaviest I was 273 lbs. I started in June at 227lbs and my current weight is 164 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 14 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encouragement. Everyday I battle my old habits. Lets encourage and help one another on this weight loss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! It's really so much nicer being involved with a large amount of people who you feel really understand you and the struggle and are supportive instead of judgmental!! I'm on here more than any other website anymore! :)