Jillian Michaels is the Devil!

Options

Replies

• mswai
    mswai Posts: 1
    Options
    She is one tough chick! I've been doing the 30DS (along with other dvds and mommy group Stroller Strides). The first day I thought "20 min... no prob! I've started working out, it shouldn't be too tough" HOLY CRAP was I wrong! I was sore - really sore - for 2 days. I LOVE IT!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i'm a guy i made it to day 6 of 30 day shred before i dropped it my ten pound weights were just to heavey for some moves lol shhhhh i love jm i have all her dvds itry again after i move this month with my new 5 pound weights lol
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Doing JMBR right now. I love love love the work outs. The cardio to me is a little boring so I might just do my own cardio. Today was day 4 for me and I almost cried hwne I had to get out of bed LOL
  • avvalynna
    avvalynna Posts: 32
    Options
    Just finished day 10 of 30 Day Shred. I freakin hate jumping jacks! BUT i lost 2 inches from my chest, 1 from hip, 1 from waist and 2 from arms already! Cant wait to see what I lose in another 10 days!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    i'm a guy i made it to day 6 30 day shred before i dropped it my ten pound weights were just to heavey for some moves lol shhhhh i love jm i have all her dvds itry again after i move this month with my new 5 pound weights lol

I feel better after reading this. :laugh: I had to drop down from 5 lb to 3 lb weights for the side lunge/anterior raise.
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the support!! i will NOT give up. You guys rock!!

Instead of doing some of the moves i KNEW my body was not ready for, I jogged in and out of my kitchen LOL. Good thing my boyfriend was in the bedroom, he might have ran out and called 911 on me! LOL
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    IMO jillian michaels is a scam lots of her workouts are freely aviailble so why pay for her system IMO she has no understanding most of the stuff she preaches has been proved wrong be research none of her work has been scientic proven to work it is sad in her show forgot the name the contenstants dont drink water so they loose more water they even admited the show promoted a unhealthy attitude towards food.
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    well, I don't pay for the DVDs.. i download them.. so no loss to me. However, it's whatever keeps people motivated and helps them lose weight. That's why we're all here!
  • AngelSky31
    AngelSky31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lol, I have done a few of her workouts. I was doing one dvd with a friend and it was hard. I also pulled up a video on YouTube. She is serious business. I do take breaks, and modify some of here moves lol. But its okay because we have to build ourselves up to it. Her dvds work your entire body and thats a plus. I bet you will see results after while if you keep at it. Have fun lol.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Glad to learn I am not alone in my feelings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    IMO jillian michaels is a scam lots of her workouts are freely aviailble so why pay for her system IMO she has no understanding most of the stuff she preaches has been proved wrong be research none of her work has been scientic proven to work it is sad in her show forgot the name the contenstants dont drink water so they loose more water they even admited the show promoted a unhealthy attitude towards food.

you haven't read her books then in one she clearly says " if it didn't have a mother and wasn't grown from the ground don't eat it" she wants you to eat organic grass fed what ever meats. so you might want to look closer at what you say and get some real proof because i have seen nothing but great result from people finishing her work out
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30 day shred workout with 8 lb weights. I thought that at the beginning too cuz I hadn't done all that many pushup type excercises all at one time when I started it but by the time you get done with the entire 30 days of the workout you get enough upper body strength that it doesn't seem so bad anymore. I really didn't lose much weight with that one though. I pretty much stayed the same weight or close to it but I did lose a few inches off my hips and waist. I am glad to be thru that one too though now just cuz I like to alternate my workouts and not have to do the same thing for so many days in a row. I am finding it did help me some though cuz now when I do other types of weight workouts I feel quite a bit stronger. Good luck with it, I would stick with it cuz it will help doing other workouts later you will gain some strength with it and will not tire out as fast. But I am glad made it thru that trying to kinda avoid workouts now that you have to do for a certain amount of days. Cuz I like to alternate weight and cardio day,all cardio day,weight and cardio day,all cardio day etc.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Yep, pretty much!

jillian.gif

jillianmichaels.jpg
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    She is the devil. Despite working on my feet all day in heels I never had knees problems until her videos. Make sure you study the proper way to do plyo squats, jumping lunges etc before doing her routines.
  • lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just did no more trouble zones for the first time. I wasn't panting as much as I was when I did insanity but I was sweating just as much. 350 calories burned in 50 minutes. Not too shabby!
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think this is a funny thread. No one said getting in shape was going to be easy! Jillian is in incredible shape and HIIT training is very effective for losing inches and body fat. Get back on the horse and push through it! Don't allow yourself to stop and don't quit! It will definitely be worth it in the end.
  • AndorZensko
    AndorZensko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i only got 16 minutes into Jillian Michael's body revolution cardio level 1. I feel like I failed..I purposely didn't join a gym because I had 1000 workout dvds that I never opened.. last night I did the Weight Watcher's kickboxing DVD on intermediate and I made it through the whole thing.. Jillian Michaels is the devil!

you did not fail, you turned it on and actually worked at it, that is not failing. I have done her videos and they are not easy in the beginning. Keep working at it and you will finish it and you will do it in correct form, it might be hard now but it will improve.

REMEMBER: YOU GOT UP OFF OF THE COUCH AND DID THE WORKOUT, YOU ARE THAT MUCH FARTHER AHEAD THAN YOU WERE THE DAY BEFORE!!!!!!!

keep up the good work, you can do this.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I thought Hitler was. But she is pretty tough.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    LOL ~ I love her :love:

Keep at it... you will get stronger!

^^This! I press play on her videos exclusively! Good luck with your goals!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love her.