6 months of hard work and 41lbs later...

Options
I'm going to wait to update my profile text so that anyone that wants a little background on me can read that still.

Before and after pics are in profile. Black and Red is Feb 12th 2010 and Blue and Black is Aug 16th 2010. 6 months! Whew!

On Monday, I had my 6 month fitness assessment with my personal trainer after completing a 6 month program with them.

I'm 5'8"
Start Weight: 313
Current Weight: 272
Difference: 41 lbs and 13% lower

Was size 24W-26W
Now size 18W-20W

Overall Score for my age group on a scale from 1 to 100:
February: 11
August: 42

They rate on a bunch of stuff like resting heartrate & blood pressure, exercise heartrate & blood pressure and how well I recover, flexibility, weight, measurements, body fat composition, & overall upper & lower body strength.

In February, my body composition was 54% lean body mass and 46% fat and now my body composition is 57% lean body mass and 43% fat.

In February, my resting heartrate was 86 and now is 69. Ranking was 8 and now is 55.

They have me do an aerobic step test for 3 min to bring my heartrate up and then check it again after one minute to see how well I recovered. In February after one minute my heartrate was still 133. Now it is 97! That went from a ranking of 18 to 75!

They also take my blood pressure right at the 3 minute mark of that step test. In Feb it was 140/92 and is now 128/82.

In February I could only chest press 15% of my body weight and now I can lift 34%. The rank of 10 is the same though.

In February I could only leg press 115% of my body weight and now I can lift 199%. This is a ranking from 11 to 90!

And now for some awesome measurements:
Neck: -7/8 inches
Shoulder: -2 7/8 inches
Chest: -5 inches
Waist: -6.5 inches
Hip: -4.5 inches
Thigh: -2.25 inches
Calf: -7/8 inches
Arm: -1.5 inches
Forearm: -0.5 inches

It feels great!

Replies

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Your hard work is definitely paying off. Keep up the good work!:happy:
  • kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    Options
    way to go!!! keep up the great work!!
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! You have done fantastic! You are so dedicated and diligent! Thank you for posting your results. I looked at your pictures this morning, you can certainly see a huge difference! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched: :heart:
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! YAY YOU!!!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    wow great work!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! you are doing very well, and the numbers are proof! way to go!:bigsmile:
  • katharine1980
    katharine1980 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Eggcellent! Keep it up! You are an inspiration!
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    that is spectacular!
    keep it up:)
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    what a difference! GREAT JOB! keep it up!!
  • jennpv
    jennpv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your stats are amazing! Way to go and keep up the great work!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Great work! We're twins! LOL I have lost 41 lbs since March, too! :smile: Way to go!!!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    WOW! You can really see the difference, great job!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those are some amazing results. Congratulations!
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It IS hard work but your results show that you are already healthier and will be healthier still. AND......... you've got a waist back!

Very well done and keep the pounds dropping off!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So exciting for you! Just think how much better it will be in another short 6 months!!! Keep it up you are doing FANTASTIC!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations my friend, those are wonderful changes, I especially love the inches lost! Bet that feels so good to have the loose clothes just hanging off you and be able to get some new ones!

You've worked so hard for this, I'm so very proud of you Diane!

Btw, OGFD sends his love and you know he'd have something to say if not about this. Bwwwwwwwwhahahah Sorry had to throw him in:bigsmile:

Love ya Sweetie,:smooched:
    Becca
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! It is so hard to work out when you start out that heavy. You must feel great about yourself!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I did not check your food log but I am just going to assume that is under control as well. You are doing an awesome job and hope that when you get there you will take what you have learned and earned to the next step; teaching and motivating others.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!