I never realized how bad it was...

Options
I have a huge party tomorrow and I just figured I'd throw on one of my old dresses that I've worn last year...turns out, I've gained so much weight I can't even fit into my biggest one.

I'm literally about to break down. This weight is ruining my life....how could I have let this gotten so bad in just ONE year?

Replies

• vanderso
    vanderso Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! My daughters wedding is next month & I have literally tried every dress that I own, and nothing fits me. I am so discouraged. I did over an hour on the eliptical today in two sessions. Hang in there, as your attitude is a huge part. Feel beautiful!
  • 123bree1997
    Options
    I feel ya I cant fit into any of my clothes :(
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it is time to do something about it!

Start tracking...weigh/measure everything...don't cheat yourself by not recording even when you know you've eaten/drank too much.

I hope you can reign it in and get back on track!

I wish you great success!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life takes over. My first year of college I gained about 35lbs after my life fell apart in just about every way possible. That ended up being about two clothes sizes. Took me a while to get my head on straight and to put in the effort to make a change for the better (took 6yrs). So at least you figured it out early on. :) You'll be fine if you just keep working on it!
  • gretchygirl32
    gretchygirl32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I can relate to how you're feeling. I've been trying pretty hard the past 6 months with no real progress. It is very frustrating! All I can say is hang in there, no matter how depressing it gets because the end result will be worth it. I say it to you and hopefully I'll listen to my own advice!
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it is time to do something about it!

Start tracking...weigh/measure everything...don't cheat yourself by not recording even when you know you've eaten/drank too much.

I hope you can reign it in and get back on track!

I wish you great success!

^
    This

You can choose to let it get you down and eat more. You can use it as a change catalyst. It’s up to you, if you want to change, start now by planning out your next meal and how you can make healthier choices.

We all fall down, success is getting back up and dusting yourself off and starting again. You only fail when you stop trying.

This all sounds terribly cliched, but really it is a simple as the small decisions every single day. You won't make all of them right, but you move on.

Beg borrow or steal something to wear to the party and remember this evening as the night you started to feel good about yourself as you had made the conscious decision to live healthy.