anyone heard of semtex ? :) x

Hi guys! looking into buying some SEMTEX (range by jodie marsh)
ive heard amazing reviews?
has anyone tried it or got anything to say about it? thankyou for your help in advance :D
add me as a friend aswell if you can, i do need some more :D xxxxxx

Replies

• SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    I've only heard of the explosive..sorry.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Yeah its a grenade on COD

I guess if you were near it and it blew your freaking body apart then you could lose weight
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    I've not heard anything good about it, and I'd hazard a guess that it's not really that effective (or healthy). I would be careful about putting something into my body that I don't know what it is, or the effects. I'm an old fashioned girl like that, it's all been healthier eating and exercise for me, and it's what I recommend to other people too.

Also, I don't like Jodie Marsh. That's totally off topic, but I've never understood her. Just wanted to put that out there!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Yeah its a grenade on COD

I guess if you were near it and it blew your freaking body apart then you could lose weight

This is right. It was also used by the IRA.

Are you on about the supplement 'released' or whatever she has to with it, by Jodie Marsh? I've only ever heard bad things, probably just because of the name.

It's for body building - or blowing stuff up.
  • I have yes :) heard a lot of good things about it. My sister is on it and so's my friend.:smile:
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Unless you're a body builder, I'm not sure why you'd want to use supplements...? Healthy eating & exercise will get you results on their own.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    I'm not allowed to play with things that go boom ever since I tried to build a grenade on my own so semtex is defenitely outta my reach. Totaly heard about it tho :D .
    Short google search informed me also that its a brand of energy drinks produced in czech republik by pinelli since 1995 and am suprised i didnt have it yet with that name and location.
    Further google says its "fat burning wonder pill" that costs 30 quid per pop which instantly makes me uninterested.
    I BURN MY FAT PRETTY EFFECTIVELY MYSELF , TA , NO TA.
    I
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    It sounds like a female sanitary product
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Apparently, it is caffeine and taurine. Taurine hasn't been shown to have any real effect and I can caffeine a lot cheaper in my morning coffee.
  • Yup it's just a caffeine supplement with some green tea in it too.

It's properly over priced and there are the exact same products out there at a third of the price with the exact same ingredients (some in better quantities).

It's just all hyped up by Jodie Marsh. Doesn't burn any fat as it claims to it just encourages the body to move more due to the high caffeine content.

In the UK this is a better product at a fraction of the price of Semtex, same ingredients just not got the Celebrity price tag attached to it.

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/thermopure/10530152.html?affil=mpppc&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CLiJ2srDwrUCFXDKtAodCjYApg
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Tried Semtex for the first time yesterday. Took 2 as stated an hour before my workout. Did feel i had more energy..started feeling jittery and never got a wink of sleep last night. No thanks. No point in punishing my body if I can't have proper rest to help it recover! I never normally get roped into buying these types of things but really wanted a boost. Hey ho, lesson learned and down 30 quid!
  • jmeddows87
    jmeddows87 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi

I bought Semtex last week and tried for the first time on Friday. I have a mixed review...

I definately had more energy in my spin class so I burnt more calories. BUT they made me feel awful. I think it was too much caffeine for me and I pretty much felt like a had a hangover all day, felt sick and eurgh..!

Not for me I'm afraid! Good luck x
  • Justgill2015
    Justgill2015 Posts: 3 Member
    hey, i bought semtex last week. The first day i used it i only took one capsule pre workout because i have read about people feeling jittery and not being able to sleep. I felt i had loads of extra energy to work harder in my workout which was great but after that i started feeling a bit sick. the sickness passed then i couldnt get to sleep til 2am. I decided i would only use t his on days i'm not working and days i'm training (i work part time) I took one again yesterday. I didnt feel sick, i had loads of energy and managed to sleep well. I would say the first day is the worst as ur body isnt used to it, but i would persevere and keep going with it. Definitely only take 1 a day tho instead of 2 times a day. xxx
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Geranium extract has already been linked to several deaths of people doing endurance exercises (London marathon fatality). Careful what you ingest. Legal doesnt mean safe. PWO's usually don't list their contents. If I want a PWO I make it with bulk chemicals purchased from well known sources. This way I know whats in me.

Im not saying to avoid PWOs (I do), I'm just saying to use some common sense. If it feel like cocaine and makes your heart race like crazy, you may not want to run 15 miles in the heat. If you die, well, yeah. I'll refrain from making jokes since it has happened.