Swimmers??

Options
Where are my swimmers at? I would love to be friends with you all. :)
I plan to do it everyday, starting Sunday. I am currently getting myself use to working out everyday, but I do plan to swim from now on. :)

Replies

• clarkstephen50
    clarkstephen50 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I live In AZ and today we hit 108 so swimming is basically a must around here. I dont get to do it everyday, but the weekends are your usually countless hours doing laps.
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love to swim. I do it at least 4 times a week, 60 laps. But on Fridays Winter or Summer I love to swim in the sea!!! Last winter it got down to 14.7 but I still swam in the sea!!! My husband went to the heated indoor pool !!!
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    I've had to take a break from swimming due to a dodgy wrist & some other real life stuff but am hoping to give it a go in the next couple of weeks... not sure if my wrist will cope though. Physio has said I can give it a go... fingers crossed!!

Swimming is an AWESOME calorie burner too. Burns super high.

Anyone - especially swimmers - is welcome to add me! :)
  • 74honeybadger
    Options
    I used to swim a lot. Now that I think about it, that's how I lost weight last summer? Dammit, you need to add me so you can look at my diary and say, Hey WTH - why didn't you hit the pool today?
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was a major swimmer until I gained weight with an illness. My local pool is shut until late August for refurbishment and so it's my goal to make sure I am under 200 lbs by the time the pool re-opens so I can feel comfortable swimming again. I will be swimming EVERYDAY once the pool opens, and I am literally excited beyond words! :D
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Swimmer, diver (although not lately) and avid MFP nut ;) I was a Lifeguard throughout college, best job I ever had! :wink: I'm trying to swim 4x a week at the gym. My only issue is sometimes I get there too late. Then after I'm done lifting the pool has those silly water classes going on!! Oh well at least they are trying right. :bigsmile: :glasses:
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Swimmer and was a WSI/Lifeguard throughout my 20s. Currently, teaching water aerobics.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    hey, swam in college. now i swim once a week, for triathlon purposes.

but i hope you're not serious about swimming EVERYDAY. you need some rest. even when we were in swim season , we only swam 4-5 days a week. while it is very low impact, you still need some rest days.
  • DYfive
    DYfive Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd consider myself a swimmer. But what I've been doing lately is treading water for 20-30 mins. Great burn, and I tend to enjoy it quite a bit.
  • soxx226
    soxx226 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I swim 2-3 times a week, its def my all time favorite exercise.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I also live in AZ and swim in my pool a few days per week.
  • sarah3875
    sarah3875 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey. :smile: I used to swim competitively as a teen but nights out and the wine got in the way at 18. :drinker:
    I'm now doing 8 sets of 10 lengths with a 1 min break between each at least twice a week. Hoping to up this when my youngest starts school in Sept. Would be great to chat with other swimmers. xx
  • rainsable
    rainsable Posts: 7
    Options
    Love swimming. I do an hour about 3-5 times a week and it's just the best exercise for me. I can go first thing when I wake up and it sets me up for the day or I go straight from a night shift and I have a great sleep after it. I love how it doesn't feel like exercise but I know I'm burning lots of calories. Cannot recommend it enough!