bored with food

Options
earndien
earndien Posts: 195 Member
i know i know!!! its sounds stupid but i wish i had someone too cook for me sometime!! realy
i not normaly have enough time on my hands so i make the easy way boring food all the time!
lunch chicken and veg suppor chicken and veg boring boring boring!!! i hardy eat red meat and port
i always eat chicken and fish cause they my fav!! i stuck in a mode!!! aaah
thinking of food i havent got an idea what i am having for lunch!!

Replies

• tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i do the same exact thing. low cal breakfast sandwiches or oatmeal for breakfast. pretzels and peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. and chicken and fish for dinners. either with a salad or rice and a veggie. but for the most part the same thing. i wish icould find a better easier variety.
  • firesoul19
    firesoul19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Actually it's been quite hard to stick to at least semi-healthy eating the last few weeks because I'm so bored. I hate cooking, so when I keep reading advice that I just need to learn to use more spices and cook better.... well, I just don't have the desire to put in that level of effort. Lol. But I've been trying to keep myself healthy for a long while now, so I think breaking out of the rut and just living once in awhile isn't a bad thing. I've taken breaks before and always managed to get back on the wagon.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Pick a chef you like, buy their book and cook more........
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    This is me too. I usually just have lots of veggies, raw and cooked, and some kind of protein (canned fish, elk steaks, chicken) I find them soooo boring! But I have just accepted that this is the way i will have to eat if I want to loose weight(and i do sooo bad!!) :smile:
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    If you're bored with eating the same foods, then change it up. This could mean anything from trying new seasonings on your chicken or fish to actually branching out and incorporating new foods. It's important to find a way to make this process sustainable.

Don't fear the food. Eat the food!

For ideas, check out websites like skinnytaste.com and chocolatecoveredkatie.com.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend! Anytime I start to feel bored with my foods, I just search online for cheap, easy recipes. You'd be amazed how much yummy stuff can be prepared just as quickly as the stuff you're already making now. Sometimes just changing up the presentation can make a big difference... for example, when I'm feeling fancy I like to make egg "muffins" instead of an omelete. It's the exact same ingredients, but it's so much more fun to eat!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My wife is a great cook (can't think why I got fat??) and one of her favourite cook books is "Dinners in a Dash" by Tessa Harvard Taylor.

Really nice recipes designed to be quick & easy to prepare. Tessa was a chalet maid many years ago and realised that unless she learned to cook good food quickly she wouldn't get much time to ski herself.....