Relationships

Options
iFeelBrandNew
iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
At what point do you stop trying, and move on?

Replies

• catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    When you feel the need to ask that question?
    Seriously it all depends on the situation, what's not working and if you think the issues are fixable or they will always be a road block.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    When you are no longer happy would be my answer.
    Life is too short.
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i need more answers people. LOL
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    When we've had more than two serious conversations about whatever the issue is and still nothing has changed. At that point, it's never gonna.

People stay in relationships that make them unhappy because they fear change. Life is too short for that, it really is.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    when the amount of X you invest in fixing it becomes more than Y is worth to you..

(x= time, effort, emotions, money, etc)
    (y= person, relationship, car, house, etc)

e.g - I'm not spending 100$ to fix a $50 vcr, unless that vcr is worth alot more than that TO ME (or you)
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    When I realized there wasn't any more I could do. It takes two so if you both don't try it won't work no matter how much you want it to. In my opinion anyway.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    The point when you start wondering.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    All my relationships lasted longer than they should have so you must not do like me because it's a waste of time and energy.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    When you are no longer happy would be my answer.
    Life is too short.

This answered your question, though.

If you spend more time unhappy (worried, stressed, upset, misunderstood, whatever) than happy, and no one is seriously & with full commitment working on their individual issues, it's time to walk away.
  • Sixel
    Sixel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When you are done and ready for it. Asking that question might indicate you are.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    -When you feel like youre putting too much effort into trying for a relationship and they give nothing back.
    -When you have to work too hard for the other persons attention.
    -When youre putting in more effort than youre getting.
    -When the butterfly's fade.
    -When you catch yourself NOT thinking about that person and youre thinking about life away from them.

These are reasons why Ive broken up with people. Sometimes you dont have that spark anymore and its time to let go.
  • ElevatorSoup
    Options
    When you make a post on a public forum asking when it's the right time to end a relationship.
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing :-(
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    -When you feel like youre putting too much effort into trying for a relationship and they give nothing back.

This. Always the case with me.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options

This. Always the case with me.

same here. When im trying to get involved in a relationship with someone I always give 100% and its so disheartening when I dont get that 100% back. Maybe I should give 50% and then I wont be disappointed... then again I wont be giving my all and not much can come of that, so 100% it is!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    At what point do you stop trying, and move on?

1st or 2nd date?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Usually when the question is so vague that I have no idea where the person is coming from.

I could ask for elaboration, but meh.
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    When I was married....my best friend at the time told me:

When you are sick and tired of being sick and tired...you will leave!

I was in an abusive relationship. I remember all these women getting killed here by their men. I still remember my wake up moment. He had hit me and I was lying on the floor. We were in the process of packing and moving. I looked up and saw a bed rail. Thought OMG if he would hit me with that I would be dead.

At that moment I said this SOB is NOT killing me. So I took my baby and I left. NEVER LOOKED BACK!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    After the first week.
  • malmeida20
    malmeida20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you should just continue to do what makes you happy like hanging out with friends or any hobbies that you enjoy. Gradually you will move on when you realize how much happier you are with or without them. Its not as simple as waking up one day and saying your going to move on because your going to put all your focus on that other person , so instead of focusing on them focus on yourself.

Time heals everything :)