What is the most filling breakfast for you?

Options

Replies

• kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DestinyS29
    DestinyS29 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the ideas!! Sounds like I def. need to stock up on eggs and other protein rich foods. I think that is one of my problems, when I do eat it's usually more carbs then protein so that's probably why I get hungry so fast. Can't wait to try some of these suggestions! :)
  • DestinyS29
    Options
    a dozen eggs, bacon and a dozen donuts would be a good start

...I couldn't consume that much food even if I wanted to! (But for the record I do love me a fresh glazed donut... mmm) thanks now I'm craving donuts! :grumble: LOL
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes a year ago - full time nursing student and working 40 hours/week. I NEVER ate breakfast, and I put on weight very very quickly during my college years.

Now, I make sure I eat a fairly high-fiber breakfast - absolutely no simple sugars allowed, otherwise I get hungry again in an hour or two. I know a lot of people load up on protein in the morning to curb hunger, too, but I found that that doesn't work so well for me personally.

For the most part, I have oatmeal and a piece of fruit qd.
  • DestinyS29
    Options
    I was in your shoes a year ago - full time nursing student and working 40 hours/week. I NEVER ate breakfast, and I put on weight very very quickly during my college years.

Now, I make sure I eat a fairly high-fiber breakfast - absolutely no simple sugars allowed, otherwise I get hungry again in an hour or two. I know a lot of people load up on protein in the morning to curb hunger, too, but I found that that doesn't work so well for me personally.

For the most part, I have oatmeal and a piece of fruit qd.

So you know the hell I'm enduring right now! ;) LOL I have managed to lose 37 pounds while in school so far by working out a lot and while not making the best food choices at least using MFP to keep my calories in check. But I know I still have a lot of improvements to make in my diet if I'm going to get through this plateau I've been on for awhile. AND on top of that I've been thinking about adapting a vegetarian/vegan diet... not sure if I'm ready to jump into that full time but am considering a couple days a week to decrease my meat intake. (Vegan documentary images still in my mind :cry: )
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Protein...

1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt with fresh fruit (I like berries or peaches) and a splash of vanilla extract.
    Egg whites (1/2 cup organic egg whites) or firm tofu (1/4 of a block) scrambled with spinach & tomatoes and a slice of whole grain toast
    1 cup cooked quinoa (plain) with 1/2 c blueberries, 1tbsp maple syrup & 1/4 cup soy or almond milk
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 4 egg whites + 2 whole eggs scrambled in 1tbs coconut oil.
  • codqueen
    codqueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Slimfast Chocolate Royal................. has 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber which will help keep you full!:heart:
  • nealwa
    nealwa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fruit (usually berries), 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt and Chia seeds. Sometimes I add sunflower seeds if I am not having eggs for the added protein. = 240 Cals w/o the sunflower seeds
    1/4 cup (dry) Plain Oatmeal = 75 cals
    1 egg + 1/4 cup of egg beaters, spinach and mushrooms omelet = 150 Cals
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Slimfast Chocolate Royal................. has 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber which will help keep you full!:heart:

And a ton of sugar...
  • dancagal41
    dancagal41 Posts: 11
    Options
    Oh man..if its a bad breakfast then it's pancakes and homefries with grits and biscuits. But if I'm eating normally then it would be a tofu scramble or a veggie omelette made with egg beaters and veggie cheese. Whole grain bagels and english muffin sandwiches are extremely filling as well.
  • searchcj
    searchcj Posts: 5
    Options
    Oatmeal. Those Quaker packets are pretty quick. now you can put water in the packet to the line and I heat min for 1:10 and eat in the car. I also stumbled on wheat English Muffins with soy sausage patty and some low fat mozz cheese. Kept me full for a long time. Or, protein shake. That can be done the night before.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    so skip breakfast and eat a larger lunch ...

You do not have to eat breakfast if you do not like it..

I usually go with three eggs, one serving egg whites, one serving four cheese Mexican, and an English muffin...
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    when i eat it- i have bacon, fried eggs and either toast or scratch biscuts.
    i love a good 3 egg ( veggie and saug ) omelett too.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Banana omlette is gorgeous...sounds awful I know but try it, nom nom nom
    I just dry heaved...
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for convenience, I've seen a recipe on Pinterest to make your eggs in a muffin tin and freeze/refrigerate for consumption later on! You can crack them into the tin and have them over-easy, or scramble them and add some mix ins like cheese and ham, then plop it on some toast or an english muffin. I was skeptical at first but the first time I made them my boyfriend LOVED it and was filled up with two of those muffin tin egg sandwiches. Easy for grab and go. Just a thought :)

I believe it was at 375 for 10 minutes but I could be mistaken. You can google it and find it right away. You really have to check the eggs towards the end of the time because there's a fine line between done and rubbery!
  • darcymoncada
    darcymoncada Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids and am always in a super rush in the am. I have 1 packet of steel cut oats with a little maple syrup added. Then an apple about an hour later. The oats are pretty filling. You could always boil some eggs and keep them in the refrigerator. An egg is very filling.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    eggs and bacon
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't always eat breakfast, but when I do, I prefer bacon
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am like you in that if I eat certain types of food for breakfast I find that I am simply hungrier for the rest of the day. The only breakfast choices that do not do that for me are ones high in protein. If I am in a mad dash -- as is often the case -- I eat a greek yogurt and piece of fruit. If I have more time I make eggs -- mix in spinach, tomatoes, cooked onion, and real bacon pieces. I also eat whole wheat bagel thins with cream cheese, smoked salmon, red onion, and capers!! Sometimes I will make fruit smoothies with almond milk and greek yogurt. (I am investigating protein powders now!!)