screw trying to have a happy period!

Options
2»

Replies

• aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I read this yesterday on a facebook post...laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face, and just couldn't stop...so much truth :laugh:

edit: I'm kind sad by the amount of serious butthurt in this thread. I have suffered from debilitating cramps most of my life, but never the emotional mood swings that some women suffer through...I have, however, a great ability to be able to laugh at myself, and all the foibles involved with being a human - I find it makes life so much more enjoyable.
  • strippedandvital
    strippedandvital Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We teach toddlers not to throw temper tantrums when they don't feel well/are in a bad mood, but yet most women seem to think our periods are an all-access pass to be total jerks. As a female, I think that is BS. Have some self-control & dignity. We don't want men to think we're slaves to our hormonal mood-swings, but then we b*tch about a marketing campaign encouraging a more positive menstrual cycle? Sometimes I think people just want something to whine about...
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    No one has a sense of humor today on MFP... *sigh*
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Periods ARE happy because it means you're not pregnant.. :drinker:
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    OMG I never really understood the pain and suffering of cramps until I went off the pill recently... I feel like my body is being torn inside out. This is hilarious!
  • hablondi
    hablondi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No one has a sense of humor today on MFP... *sigh*

Agreed
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I personally hated the Have a happy Period campaign.

I'm not homicidal, but with cramps that can put me in bed for days (and I walked around in China on a broken leg with just motrin, so I've got a high pain tolerance) the "Have a happy period." slogan was irritating. I'm not *****y, but when not medicated for the cramps, I'm in pain....

yes, most of the time, TOM or not, I can lead a normal life, but sometimes that *kitten* hurts.