40 Years Old. 40 Pounds to Lose

Options
2»

Replies

• llehman2
    llehman2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have posted before. Please free to add me to your friends list. I turn 45 on Sunday have 2 kids 10 & 19. Have had some success with fitness and weight loss. Lost 58 pounds so far. Would love to hear about you in you day to day challenges and successes.
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Absolutely you can add me! I am turning 40 in a few weeks and would like to lose approximately 50 lbs. I have a 3 year old daughter. I want to be a good example for her. I would love another friend!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and you can do it. Make it a lifestyle change. Don't "diet". Make permanent changes and exercise! Check out websites like Skinnytaste, Cooking Light, Eating Well and Skinny Kitchen for recipes you can make for you and your family.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 but I have more than 40 pounds to lose but that's where my first goal is right now. I have cut my portions, tried to stay away from sugar and wheat as much as possible and have been trying to get more exercise. I just started this last week :) Good luck!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38 year old Australian mama (living in California) with a 4 and 2 year old, so in 2 years I'll be 40 with a 6 & 4 year old :)

I am on here every day and get so much support from my friends on here. Let's do this thing together!

Accepting friend requests from anyone interested.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh - I have 60lbs to go to get to my goal, so I'll be around fro a while :)
  • cheekychk
    cheekychk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Can add me too :)

40 with a 5 yr old.

Have at least 35 pounds I like to lose.

And I keep my diary open, nothing like having people tell you...."Good day, but should have made a healthier choice than 12 oreos for dinner" ;)

I keep mine open too, and I try to be very honest with myself, but it does result in some veryyyyyy alarming looking days...good on you!
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and have 40 more to lose. I have five children...three are adults and two are still home with me so I still have the mom responsibilities (on top of a wedding coming up for my son!). So I can relate to the challenges of taking care of yourself while still being a dedicated mom :)

Welcome!
  • greenj0212
    greenj0212 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Any of ya'll can add me if you want. I'm not 40 yet but I have kids with the crazy sports schedules and I can relate to the hypo-thyroidism struggle. Have been dealing with it for almost 2 years. Joined mfp after loosing 30 pounds and have lost another 22 since Feb. I want to reach my goal by the end of summer and then the real challenge, "maintaining" the weight-loss..... You can do it! Always great to have a team of motivators!!! ;D
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am 45 today and have about 30 more to lose. The fact that we are all working towards the same goals makes us all friends no matter our background. Anyone, feel free to friend me. Good luck on your journey.
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Add Me...or I could add you. I will be 40 on the 27th, I have 45 pounds to go and I have a 7yo and 4yo - both boys. I have been on a plateau for 5 months or so - up and down within 5 to 10 pounds, making me nuts!

I have been on a plateau for about 6 months. Agreed, very frustrating. Would love to support you in exchange for your support. Feel free to friend me.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. I'm 42, have a 7 year old, work part time as a base photographer. I live in Japan (husband is in USAF) which makes tracking food a wee bit difficult. -K
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I'm 43 with four of my own. One is grown and has children of her own, the second is almost off to the military, third is just starting early college this coming fall and the last is my little one...he's two. :blushing:
  • teacher777
    Options
    I'm ready to lose it AGAIN! In Sept. 2010, I worked really hard to lose 40 pounds and did (in only 3 months). However, I gained 10-15 pounds back each year since; I did not continue my healthy habits! Therefore, I am determined to lose at least 32 pounds again! This is the first time I will use this site faithfully because I now have an ipad.
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great group of people here at similar stages in their lives, always love to have more friends so please feel free to add me too. I am 44yrs (how did that happen!), married with 3 children of 11, 8 and 6 years and live in the UK. I have been on MFP for 4 months , lost 24 pounds so far and ideally like to lose 16 more (40 lbs seems a nice round figure). I log on everyday, bordering on obsessive and happy to encourage and be encouraged.
  • froggirl100472
    Options
    This topic is me to a tee. I turned 40 in October, and i have a 3 yr. old and a 9 yr. old. I've been doing MFP now for 25 days, and i zumba 2-3 times a week. It's helpful to be part of a group of supportive women to help encourage and motivate each other. I would like to lose at least 50lbs.