The closer I get, the slower it goes...?

Options
Hey all. I am a 40 yr. old woman. I started at 182 lbs. and am down to 151 lbs. now. Very pleased with my progress, it took seven months. I do it mostly with diet alone, I only exercise a little with walking. I almost always stay under my calories of 1,200 and rarely eat any flours or grains (are they the same thing?). My weight loss has slowed down so much! People are telling me it's because I am getting closer to my goal. Is that true? And I know if I kicked it up a notch with the exercise the last 11 pounds would probably come off. Trying to find the motivation! Thanks for listening:)

Replies

• LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY! My first 60 flew off. Now, 20 away from goal... I'm slowly shaving off 2 lbs a month if i'm lucky, but better slow progress than none. Good luck!
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have about 12lbs to go and it is coming off slower. Although a month and a half ago I stalled (1200 cals) so I upped my cals to 1500 and started losing again.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    yep, initially it was liek the fat was melting away...the closer to goal I get, the harder it gets... but thats because out caloric & exercise needs change as our BMI changes....