Loosing before Trying to Conceive

Options
My main goal for getting fit is trying for baby #2. I still have 58lbs to go and I'm shooting for Christmas as my deadline. Any one else doing the same?

Replies

• jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm getting married next year and we are going to start trying right after. So I would like to lose weight for the wedding and for getting pregnant. I have at least 50 pounds to lose.
  • thenextstep
    Options
    That would be me! ???? We aren't sure about when we will start trying but I need to be at my goal weight before we do. It was extremely difficult to get around with #1 since I was already over weight plus all the baby weight. I hope to start trying in the new year!
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    oh yes...i wanted to have second child asap but all this weight ....i have been trying really hard to lose weight from my first pregnancy(my son is already 21/2),but dont know whats wrong....i will at least lose 15 more pounds before ttc...good luck to all of us.
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    Hey I added all of you as friends!! I'd love to help you all out keep you motivated!!
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Want to lose my baby weight before we try for baby number two. Have about 20 lbs to go!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Same here! Want to have baby #2, but haven't lost the weight from baby #1. When I tell people that I want to lose weight BEFORE having another baby, they give me such strange reactions, tell me it's stupid and makes no sense. Psh! Glad to know I'm not in the same boat, and that SOME people would prefer to be happy and healthy while being pregnant instead of possibly causing more issues during pregnancy by being overweight and unhealthy.

Good luck to you all!

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Every time I lose about 30lbs I end up pregnant
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Same boat as you guys. Only difference is planning for the first baby :bigsmile:

But I want to avoid any complications during pregnancy, so am hell bent on losing weight!!

I wish determination counted as serious effort :wink:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I had this idea as an added "bonus" to losing weight...but after reading the other thread of what women say in the delivery room - i am unsure if that is ever going to happen.
  • Mayreni
    Mayreni Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was overweight before I had my son, and I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Also I had an unwanted c-section due to the hospital wanted to rush me out of the labor room to accommodate other patients. I labored for 8 hours in the room and because my labor "stalled" for about 2 hours at 9cm (!) they decided that I should have a c-section. For the next one I want to try for a v-bac at a birth center and I want to be as healthy as humanly possible. I don't want them to give any excuse to turn me away.
  • mandapanda0925
    mandapanda0925 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes one of the things that has been stressing me out the most lately is that my husband and I are trying to conceive baby #1 and it hasn't happened in eight months so far of trying and I am thinking part of it is my weight and I am having the hardest time getting motivated. Hang in there and if you want to send me a friend request for extra support and motivation, go ahead. It is nice to meet other people going through the same thing as me!!! :-)
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    Although Im not trying to get pregnant yet (not exactly preventing either) I do want to lose weight & get as healthy as I can at least a year or so before we're ready to try
  • britschmidtx
    britschmidtx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me! (:

I have two beautiful little girls and want to start TTC #3 and my last.. But I want it to be "Perfect" I want the perfect petite pregnancy body, instead of blowing up like my last two. I want to be able to rock my belly, and not just look like I gained a few lbs!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    ME :) I'm try to get down to my goal weight and possibly a bit extra before we have kids. I want to be the healthiest mom i can be.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am also kinda doing this. I have about 100-120 lbs or so to lose before I start trying for #1. There is some other stuff in the mix too before me and my husband start trying for our first baby but the weight loss is like the biggest reason. I wanna be happy with myself when I bring a baby into this world lol Good luck to you and everyone else. :)
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes one of the things that has been stressing me out the most lately is that my husband and I are trying to conceive baby #1 and it hasn't happened in eight months so far of trying and I am thinking part of it is my weight and I am having the hardest time getting motivated. Hang in there and if you want to send me a friend request for extra support and motivation, go ahead. It is nice to meet other people going through the same thing as me!!! :-)

Hello I am 44 and Loosing weight for #4! lol There is a book I highly recommend. " The Infertility Diet"(look it up on amazon). I had cysts and found that diet played a huge key to my body when trying for #1. Three months after I started the right diet for me I got pg. Now I have 3 beautiful boys that are 10, 8 and 7. I never lost any weight in between so here I am after a few miscarriages working on getting in shape to try for the girl! lol Good luck to you all! xoxo

Chelle
  • mandapanda0925
    mandapanda0925 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Hello I am 44 and Loosing weight for #4! lol There is a book I highly recommend. " The Infertility Diet"(look it up on amazon). I had cysts and found that diet played a huge key to my body when trying for #1. Three months after I started the right diet for me I got pg. Now I have 3 beautiful boys that are 10, 8 and 7. I never lost any weight in between so here I am after a few miscarriages working on getting in shape to try for the girl! lol Good luck to you all! xoxo

Chelle

Thanks for the resources Chelle!! I am neeing all the help I can. I am trying not to stress but there are times I just want to cry because I see another one of my friends pregnant and it is not me. I was married before my current husband and we tried for a year with no luck but I am calling that Divine intervention ;-) Thanks again and I will check this book out!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Same boat as you guys. Only difference is planning for the first baby :bigsmile:

But I want to avoid any complications during pregnancy, so am hell bent on losing weight!!

I wish determination counted as serious effort :wink:
    \
    Me too!!! Hubs and I want to raise a healthy family!
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose my baby weight too! However, I'm male and I was a just a fat kid. :wink:
  • jbirkett7
    jbirkett7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight in hopes that it will make it easier to conceive (we are actively trying to conceive atm). I'm actually now 20 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant with my 14 month old son, but hoping this time we can do it the natural way rather than having to go through infertility. However I'm super impatient so we'll see how long I can hold out.