Beating the Weekends

Options
Weekends are ruining my weight loss efforts! It seems like I do so good all week and lose weight, then undo it all on the weekends. We always end up eating out on weekends. We also go out with friends quite a bit and the beer really adds up those calories. We are having a party July 4 and I've already entered my beer calories for the day so hopefully I won't mess up this weekend. It's just such a frustrating cycle, but I don't want to miss out on the fun either. I can do without the eating out, but I LOVE to go out with my friends and have a few drinks. I just wanted to vent on my frustrations with myself!! Thanks for listening. Hopefully I can stop this stupid cycle!!!

PS: I promise I'm not a drunk. LOL :drinker:

Replies

• bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Weekends are ruining my weight loss efforts! It seems like I do so good all week and lose weight, then undo it all on the weekends. We always end up eating out on weekends. We also go out with friends quite a bit and the beer really adds up those calories. We are having a party July 4 and I've already entered my beer calories for the day so hopefully I won't mess up this weekend. It's just such a frustrating cycle, but I don't want to miss out on the fun either. I can do without the eating out, but I LOVE to go out with my friends and have a few drinks. I just wanted to vent on my frustrations with myself!! Thanks for listening. Hopefully I can stop this stupid cycle!!!

PS: I promise I'm not a drunk. LOL :drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Give it your all and work hard girlie!!!
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i definitely understand where you're coming from... being a college girl doesn't really help me with my weight maintenence.. haha. is there any way you can up the workouts on the weekends to help yourself out with all these calories?
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You have to keep your goals in mind. You might enjoy that beer right then, but regret it when you get on the scale. I would trade beer for rum and diet. You will save some cals. When you eat out dont trick yourself (I think all of us do it in our head) that it will be ok. Sometimes I feel like a crackhead after I have eaten out I feel like I tricked myself into believeing that shake and cheeseburger "don't count". You will do fine just dont forget the prize!!
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I should probably work out extra on the weekends, but it's so hard with my husband home. We barely ever see each other, so our time is precious. Maybe we can find a way to work out together so we don't lose that time. Maybe I should try some different drinks with fewer calories, I just tend to stick to beer because it's cheaper, lol. I remember when I was very strict with myself and I always felt like I was missing out on everything. So I guess I'm still trying to find that balance.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I should probably work out extra on the weekends, but it's so hard with my husband home. We barely ever see each other, so our time is precious. Maybe we can find a way to work out together so we don't lose that time. Maybe I should try some different drinks with fewer calories, I just tend to stick to beer because it's cheaper, lol. I remember when I was very strict with myself and I always felt like I was missing out on everything. So I guess I'm still trying to find that balance.

Beer will do it to you they don't call it a beer gut for nothing lol-- try vodka all clear alcohol is lower in calories and try the light beers if you must have a beer-- i too like to get out and have some fun and drinks (my favorite shot is like 200 per) yeah its brutal-- as for spending time with your man workout with him go for jogs and walks together go do things together to be active its the summer time there is plenty to do.. good luck