Burpees!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have to do 6 sets of 10 burpees in between ab exercising so it would be 10 burpees, 40 secs of crunches, 10 burpees, next ab exercise...6 times...60 burpees...can't even think about it right now...I'm dreading it.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Options
    Easier... no. I think I've gotten better at them. I still hate them with a burning passion.

This is what I want...I just want to be able to get through them without stopping.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    the secret to burpees is when you are coming up, jump your feet into squat position up by your hands, then stand up,

is there another way to do them? if so, that would be the secret to me lol.

saw a youtube video of a guy doing a miles worth of burpees on a track for his 30th bday.

he just moved forward a little everytime he jumped.

yes he had to take brakes lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Easier... no. I think I've gotten better at them. I still hate them with a burning passion.

This is what I want...I just want to be able to get through them without stopping.

stopping because you are a little uncomfortable is just something one needs to learn to push through/put off as long as possilbe.

if your stopping because you phyisically can't do any more without risk of injury, then your training exactly how you should.

reps will increase with time.

but the more you keep every workout close to the effort/intensity level of the very first time you did something, the more effective it will be.

when something becomes 'easy' or close to it, its time for something else (probably was time months ago in that situation). you can come back to it later when its hard again lol.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Options
    No, when I stop it is because my feet won't move anymore.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they ever get better. Maybe more used to them so it's somewhat easier. I try to stay away from exercise routines that include them, but many of the ones I like do have them. Must mean they are good for you. :) At this point I almost zone out and don't fight it as much. Having good music or a good workout partner helps out as well.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8yumc9aQM1qf4535.gif
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Options
    tumblr_m8yumc9aQM1qf4535.gif

This is what I feel like when I hear the video say "the next exercise will be burpees" and I think "Kill me now!".
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    I LOVE Burpees!!! I sucked at them in the begginning but Im getting very good at them now & find myself doing them during every workout usually
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Options
    I LOVE Burpees!!! I sucked at them in the beginning but Im getting very good at them now & find myself doing them during every workout usually

That is awesome to hear! You look great! :)
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love burpees. Burpees with a push up are more tough. Mt. climbers hurt me a lot more. Those side mt. climbers are killers.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    No, when I stop it is because my feet won't move anymore.

sounds like your doing everything right then