2 yrs of MFP - 130+ lost, 9 months maintaining (with pics)

Options

Replies

• jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love this quote "There's just me, and though I am already (and have always been) good enough, I'll keep forging ahead. I'll quietly and consistently become a better - stronger, faster, more awesome - version of myself. And when I fall down, as I inevitably will, I'll brush myself off and get right back up. "
  • schuagah
    schuagah Posts: 15
    Options
    Totally Inspired!! Thank you for sharing :)
  • leahcarrie
    leahcarrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First of all you are an amazing writer, I usually don't read through the stories but yours captivated me. Everything you said I could relate to, I love that you said having strength to let one bad day be just that, one bad day, not an excuse to let it be a bad week. I live by that statement everyday. I just had my milestone of 100 days of logging in, and I know I can make it to your huge success over 700 days! I don't know you personally but I'm proud of your success and values! What an amazing job you've done.
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Awesome! Just great. I LOVE MFP!!!
  • terikd99
    terikd99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love your story. Thank you for sharing. You look fabulous!!
  • jenn559896
    jenn559896 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    very inspirational!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Amazing job!!! What an inspiration.
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!! Good for you, woman.
  • nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That was a great story. Such an incredible inspiration to all of us!!
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow. AMAZING. Awesome job. Just... Wow.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I bow down to you girl. You look phenomenal and an inspiration. I'm bumping this so I can read it properly later - needless to say I will be thinking of your story as I go to the gym! :flowerforyou:
  • shrinkingfeefee
    shrinkingfeefee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful girl congrats
  • ClassicSunrise
    ClassicSunrise Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is such an inspirational story! I love hearing about other people's successes! Way to go!
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Like Shannon I have recently reached my 2 years on Mfp and whilst I too have achieved a great deal my results dont really compare. I for one have not yet reached goal (though I have still done well) and can barely run a 5k (no 10 miles for me!). Seriously though what I love about Shannons inspirational story is how the rewards keep on coming the longer you persist with Mfp -even 2 years at beyond. Well done Shannnon, you have set yourself up for life!
  • ejmcgovern
    ejmcgovern Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Shannon, thanks for your inspirational words and sound practical advice! It's hard getting going again if you've had a 'cheat day' like for me, yesterday was 'Friday' but remembering your words I remember that today is 'Saturday - back to MFP day'!! If I saw an article like this in a magazine, I would be telling my friends about the very articulate way in which this inspirational lady described her journey. Thanks for sharing :wink: :wink:
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is probably one of the best success stories I've read and although I started with less to lose I can relate to so much of what you say, and how you feel about yourself now.

Bravo Shannon, bravo :)
  • clate2013
    clate2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Clayton.
    Wow, ...just wow!!!! What an amazing transformation. Shannon I have to say that I have seen many of those commercials on TV with the before and after pics and you think, re-touched. But, your pics are genuine!!! I have only lost 72 pounds and I don't see the physical change others do but I still feel very proud. I did have the Health scare to motivate me though. I was diagnosed Last November with early stage Diabetic Kidney Disease. I was 257 pounds and only a mere 5ft 5 in frame. All my levels were extremely high and way out of range. My Doctor started writing out prescriptions so fast that he got writer's cramp. LOL. His goal to stabilize and possibly slow down the progress. Well, here we are 8 months later... 185 pounds. My levels are back into the normal ranges are at the very least, high normal. My experience with MFP is a good one as well. I found that it educates you on what you're eating. My wife and I still eat well, but very selective now. I have such respect for food now and appreciate what I've taken for granted for all my life. My story is not a story of a diet, lose the weight, then gain it back to re-diet again. Mine is a lifestyle. It's really quite simple, if I go back to the way it was I die. I gotta say I'm not too crazy about that option. With only 10 pounds to go I know what I set out to accomplish is truly do-able!!!

I'm sorry I have rambled. All I really wanted to say was congrats and your story is truly amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. I am such a fan of yours!!! (insert applause)!!!!!:smooched:
  • Chessiebear19
    Options
    Hi Shannon, WOW and congratulations on your weight loss, you look amazing!!
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful Shannon! Congratulations.

Love the photo bombing goat *vbg*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!