WHAT ARE SOME GOOD LOW CAL MIX DRINK OR BEER?

Options
Okay, so I know drinking is a NO NO when your trying to loose weight, BUT tonight I'm going out to a Comedy Club and it is a 2 drink minimum, what are some good low cal mix drink options besides Diet coke and Rum. I was surprised, Diet Coke and Rum had way more calories then I expect??? Any suggestions???

Replies

• cassondra1370
    cassondra1370 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My favorite if I am at home is vodka and 5 calorie cranberry juice. Bars usually don't have light cran though. Generally, the less calories in an alcoholic drink, the less alcohol that's in it. I don't know about your particular comedy club, but the one where I live requires 2 drinks, alcoholic or not. If you are that worried about the calories then just stick to bottled water or diet soda.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda isn't too bad.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are strictly wanting low cal, vodka and a calorie free mixer (diet sprite or soda water or on the ice with a lime wedge) is going to be your best bet.

The low calorie beers aren't bad if you ask for a lime or lemon wedge in them, IMO. There are several for under 100 calories per 12 oz bottle. Mic Ultra is 98 (I think), Bud Select 55 (very watery, but the lightest I've seen), Miller 64, etc. Lime wedges make everything better. :drinker:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Guinness is surprisingly low in calories but it is so rich, thick and dark I can have just one and be very happy.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Guinness is surprisingly low in calories but it is so rich, thick and dark I can have just one and be very happy.

176 calories for a 12 oz Extra Stout Bottle.

Why drink crappy low calorie beer when one Guiness Extra Stout will do ya?

Life is too short for bad beer.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. If I'm drinking, I'm not worrying about calories. Some things are worth the full calorie version.

That said, I do think 1oz of tequila is only like 70 cals or something.
  • IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like Michelob Ultra. Its has 95 calories.
  • banana_milk
    Options
    A shot of Jager with low-carb Monster or sugar-free Redbull.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Vodka water, with a couple limes.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Stoli Vodka
  • djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Do you WANT to drink or do you feel you HAVE to drink because of the minimum? If you really don't want it, then tell them you don't drink alcohol and order a diet coke or bottled water. They won't kick you out of the show for that, I promise - not everybody drinks and they should respect that!

On the other hand, if you want to have a few drinks then do it. Drink what you enjoy! You can make up for it by eating less earlier in the day or adding a little extra to your workout for a calorie cushion.
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I wrote this without reading you were going out!!! Sorry! But here's some for when you're at home!

here's a good site that has sugar-free and low carb alcohol drinks:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/alcoholicbeveragerecipes/r/Sugar-Free-Pina-Colada.htm

The brand Master of Mixes is now doing light versions so they have less sugar. Baja Bob's is a brand I used to order. Bacardi also has premixed light version of Mojito and Pina Colada.

There's another one I bought a few weeks ago, but I can't remember the name of it!

My thought thought is when they say two drink minimum, you can order anything. I mean someone could be in recovery and not drink alcohol any longer!
  • ellenkilpatrick
    ellenkilpatrick Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    skinny margarita!!!!!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

I read this as "Vodka water, with a couple of lines.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Miller 64 is a good light beer and only has 2 grams of carbs!
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I read this as "Vodka water, with a couple of lines.

LOL!! :laugh:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

176 calories for a 12 oz Extra Stout Bottle.

Why drink crappy low calorie beer when one Guiness Extra Stout will do ya?

Life is too short for bad beer.

And why drink Guiness when there are even better beers on the market?
  • twanda_booty
    Options
    Lime does make everything better...thanks for all the ideas :drinker:
  • twanda_booty
    Options
    LMAO Agreed! In that case I might have a Samuel Adams Summer Ale for 150 calories :)
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I always do vodka and water with crystal light or Mio liquid flavoring. Only 69 cal for an oz of vodka!