Morning Workouts - Does anyone else hate them?

Options

Replies

• eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Try a low dose of a pre-workout supplement. Makes all the difference in the world for me. Not an entire dose, just a small amount.

If not, try a banana. Light and full of carbs to keep you moving.

I've also sacrificed staying up late for going to bed around 9:30-10 so that I can get up to work out. I'm an evening workout person too, but this is one of those sacrifice things.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I've read that people are supposed to do morning cardio on an empty stomach, but that doesn't seem to be working for me.
    I don't have any problems working out without food in the morning, but if I am starving I might grab an olive or cheese stick. Look at what you're eating the night before and see if different things make any difference, but nothing says you have to workout in the morning if it doesn't suit you.

I only do morning workouts on weekends, as I don't like getting up so early before work but as it gets hotter I might have to reevaluate (it was 100 yesterday afternoon - I ended up at the gym).

If you think one olive is satisfying...

...you should try *two* olives.

Three or go home.

olive1mu3.gif
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    My muscles don't function right in the morning. I can't do morning workouts.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person. I have never even tried working out in the morning. I've thought about it...while I lay all comfy in my bed until I have to get ready for work. I generally don't work out till 7-8 at night.
  • lnxjenn
    lnxjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try eating a banana or something super light before going out. I am borderlined, where I should eat something, but if I eat my breakfast, it would make me very sick and probably throw up. So try something light, and you should be okay. Piece of fruit is good or a granola bar would be a good suggestion. Just beware of dairy! so i wouldn't recommend yogurt or a bowl of cereal with milk.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    All the gym bunnies aren't there in the mornings and haven't put on their make up yet
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I've read that people are supposed to do morning cardio on an empty stomach, but that doesn't seem to be working for me.
    I don't have any problems working out without food in the morning, but if I am starving I might grab an olive or cheese stick. Look at what you're eating the night before and see if different things make any difference, but nothing says you have to workout in the morning if it doesn't suit you.

I only do morning workouts on weekends, as I don't like getting up so early before work but as it gets hotter I might have to reevaluate (it was 100 yesterday afternoon - I ended up at the gym).

Three or go home.

olive1mu3.gif

Three?

Pshaw. Rookie.

4o_Header.jpg

On topic: I don't just hate morning workouts, I hate mornings. Period.
  • magerum
    Options

Three or go home.

olive1mu3.gif

Three?

Pshaw. Rookie.

4o_Header.jpg

olive_gif.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Three or go home.

olive1mu3.gif

Three?

Pshaw. Rookie.

4o_Header.jpg

olive_gif.gif

This. Is. Madness!

12336886-silhouette-of-black-and-green-olives-branch.jpg
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I like to run in the morning. I dont like getting out of bed. But once I get going I really enjoy it.
  • bababangarangrang
    bababangarangrang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Once I do a morning workout, I don't regret it. There's something cool about running around at 4 am before the neighboorhood wakes up. Shaming myself out of bed early and dragging myself up and out is another matter....
  • magerum
    Options

Three or go home.

olive1mu3.gif

Three?

Pshaw. Rookie.

4o_Header.jpg

olive_gif.gif

This. Is. Madness!

orchard_olives7-10.JPG
  • madacali
    madacali Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can't exercise on an empty stomach or when my blood sugar is low. If I do, I feel lightheaded and nauseous.

Experiment with your diet. Try eating something light that will give you energy. I eat an orange. Not too heavy and full of energy giving carbs. There are some runners who MUST eat before they run and others who cannot. It doesn't really matter what anyone recommends if it doesn't work for you. Good luck.
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I exercise after breakfast, I have to since my kids have lots of friends and I'm scared I might kill one with my kettlebells. And it's not easy answering the millions of questions a gang of young children can ask while you are out of breath.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Three or go home.

olive1mu3.gif

Three?

Pshaw. Rookie.

4o_Header.jpg

olive_gif.gif

This. Is. Madness!

orchard_olives7-10.JPG

00403005.jpg

What did you do at work today, Dad?

Well, I spent part of the afternoon counting olives.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I love working out first thing in the morning. I have a couple glasses of water and a couple cups of green tea and off I go.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i love morning workouts. wakes me up and gets my blood flowing for the 12 hour work day ahead...

this.

no matter how my days goes, at least i've already worked out.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i go for a long morning hike. it's awesome because it gets my heart rate going with all the rocks and hills to climb, and it's beautiful out in the woods. don't work out in the am if you don't like it, simple as that. i prefer evenings but i work until 9pm so i go in the morning since i am not hiking off the bear mountain at night lol
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I work nights. I eat at 3am and exercise at 7. it works for me.
    My SIL does a morning jog every day before she eats breakfast.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I really want to start working out in the morning so that it's out of the way!