Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It definitely works!!!
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The plan I got when I first signed up worked great going from 85kg down to 80kg, some weeks I even lost weight slightly faster than expected, but when I hit 79kg it did some re-calculations and I found my new daily calorie allowance was far too strict for me to stick to. I felt ravenous all the time and I was regularly going over my target. There was no longer room in my diary for a small treat, so every few days I'd crack and binge. I've now gained back one of my lost kilos so I've made some manual adjustments to my plan. I'm only 5ft high but 1200 cals a day doesn't work for me at all.
  • AiabliamsMommy
    AiabliamsMommy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Last time I used it (before getting pregnant) I lost 35lbs and came 3 lbs away from my goal weight. It took a good 8 months of consistency, but it worked:)
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It works very well for me. My life activities fluctuate too much, so I just set my level to "Sedentary" and if I'm doing a lot of extra activities, such as intensive gardening, housecleaning, walking a lot for my job, etc...I add some of that to my diary as exercise.

I custom set my macro nutrient goal levels, as I was not satisfied with MFP's defaults for these. I upped my daily calorie goal level to 1,390, from 1,200, by entering that I only wanted to lose 1/2 pound per week. However, I'm actually losing about 1 pound every 5 days or so, which is perfect for my goals.

I don't sweat it if I go over my calorie goals sometimes, though I must admit, I don't like seeing the red color for that number. :D My weekly average is always a bit under my goal, so that works for me.
    I don't do "cheat" days, but if I have something special going on or I'm just feeling more munchie on a particular day, I indulge in eating more than my goal calories, but I rarely ever eat anything that wouldn't be considered to be healthy foods, because that is where my taste preferences lay anyway.

I can see the difference in my body from week to week and my clothes are fitting more and more loosely from week to week, as well. :)
    I get plenty of cardio from various activities in my exercise and in my personal activities, but I'm also lifting heavy...usually 3 days per week. That is producing amazing transformation results.

Good luck! I hope you can make MFP work for you. I went into it with much skepticism, but have found it to be invaluable toward helping me to reach my goals.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 lbs so far... Yeah. I think it's safe to say it works.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yeah it worked. I'm below goal weight & loving it.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Operator error.

You can't blame the hammer if you keep missing the nail. Sooner or later you've got to pick the tool up by the right end and smack that nail square on the head. Then the nail goes in.

"A bad workman always blames him tools"
  • brent_woods
    Options
    It has worked for me so far. If the scale is still reading the same, you may be losing body fat, but gaining muscle mass.

One suggestion is to measure your abdomen, hips, height, and neck and calculate body fat percentage using US Navy method
    <<http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Body-Fat-Using-the-US-Navy-Method>&gt;
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Works for me. I have lost 63lbs altogether, 50lbs since joining MFP.
  • supadeliux
    supadeliux Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's one of my best tools to check out how many calories I need!, and of course, loss weight motivational stories are just amazing here!...l' ve already lost 7 Kg in 2 months! you wont regret it!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    It definitely works. Log in everything correctly, eat back your calories burned and most importantly....move! Exercise is key. I also found that MFP friends give an added benefit of support...for me this support provides me with added motivation. Good luck with your journey!!
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes but I've played around with the settings loads and cut things out of my diet when I hit a plateau to experiment.
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It works for me...I have lost 30lbs since Jan/13
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    There's no way I could have done what I did during this past year on my own or with a Jenny Craig/ WW thing. I learned more here about my eating habits and relationship with food than I have anywhere else.
  • renroc57
    renroc57 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I lost 9kg very quickly and have spent the last 3 months sitting at the same weight. But have recently lost another 2kg. I think it works for me because it makes me think about what I am eating. A friend has also lost 22kg over a 12 mth period.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Maybe I've just been lucky - but I've found it remarkably accurate. When I was losing weight, I set my cals to lose 1lb/week, and thats pretty much what happened (clearly not exactly 1lb each and every week - but on average). Now I'm aiming to stay pretty constant - and once again, it seems to be working just fine
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like the accountability....I don't snack as much because I don't want to log it and get a red - number....also, I noticed I drank a lot of calories by drinking soda....I switched to iced tea...it helped :happy:

The exercise gives me extra calories I can eat....but it feels great when I don't go over...:bigsmile: .

I had my calorie intake amount set by my beachbody coach....and I just weighed in this morning and lost another 2 lbs....

What a great feeling :drinker: ...

So yes, for me it's working....good luck
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    In the long run, I average 1+ a week. I lost .6 this week. I checked my weight this morning, and if I went with todays weight instead of yesterdays, I would have shown a 1.4 pound loss. Sometimes you may be holding onto water if you had too much sodium the day before. There may be other factors also that you may be holding onto water, etc. Don't sweat the program as long as you are LOSING weight. Good luck to you!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Most likely it took a while for your body to put on the weight? In my case it took years to "pack on the pounds". It seems only natural for it to take a while for your body to reverse direction and slowly let the pounds slip away. Be patient. This is no fad/crash diet, just a way to keep track of calories in-calories out.

Not really, in fact the last 15lbs I put on in a two month time period and its very stubborn to come off.