feeling grateful to be at a weight you once cried about?

Options
does this happen to anyone else. The old me was ashamed to be 130 and I was secretive about it. Now when I get back to 130 I will be shouting it loud and proud lol. I can't believe I was once B******* about something I would LOVE now. Weight gain really does put things in perspective doesn't it? I just wanted to be skinny, now I just want to be average.

Replies

• FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I absolutely understand !
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i hear that! I am down to almost my weight when I got married of 235, At that time I was thinking I could stand to lose about 15-20 lbs, now I can still stand to lose that much, only I have already lost over thirty!
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Totally. The whole, "If only I knew then what I know now" syndrome. Sometimes I was too vain, silly, or stupid to enjoy my life while I was living it. I will NEVER make those mistakes again. Age does bring wisdom.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I will be extremely happy (and possibly will stop) when I get below 200. I would be a 12-14 (I'm 5'10") and it's sort of a major milestone. Actually, I'd be more happy about the clothing sizes. But yes, a weight I once dreaded, I will be overjoyed to get back to.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I always say "I wish I was as fat as I was when I thought I was fat".
  • CraftyWeeWifey
    CraftyWeeWifey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I remember when 60kg (132 pounds) was my 'omg I have to lose weight' weight. Now I'd give anything to be 60kg again. heck even 70kg!
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is my first time in the 230s in about 3 years and I am very grateful for that

I was at around 245 when I was about 15, so I was very overweight and unhealthy for my age and height. I began losing weight and I think the lowest I got was around 212. Then by Christmas 2012 I was a lot taller but I weighed in at 269. So I am currently working to get past that 212 mark again
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Thinking you're fat at 130? You must be a lot shorter than me because I'm at my goal weight of 130 and it's on the low end of the healthy BMI for my height. Most people characterize me as skinny or slim. Weight is so relative - it just shocked me to think of my weight as being fat, but I guess it could be for some people. :flowerforyou:
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I remember how I felt about my body in high school. Weighing 120 at 5'4" and thinking I had such chubby legs and feeling "fat" when I compared myself to my taller friends. Now when I look back on a photo of me in my cheerleading uniform with my gawky frame and knobby knees, I wonder how the heck I ever came to the conclusion I was fat! I'd love to have that body back again. I'm sure I'll be thinking the same thing 30 years from now about the way I look today too ;o)
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    I was the same when i was 117. I was 4'10" and i thought "god, i need to lose 20 pounds". now, i would LOVE to be that weight again.
  • mygreatgoal
    mygreatgoal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I completely agree. I was at my current weight two years ago and I was so I unsatisfied with my weight that had to by a fitness membership. But I didn't do anything seriously and visited fitness once a month. So in a year I gained 20 lbs and now it took me 6 months to get rid of them. And now I like myself and enjoy my weight :) and still am a work in progress
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I share some of those feelings now. Right now I'm on the way back down a have crossed over some of the weights I remember crossing as I was gaining. Though I still have a long way to go, I now weigh a bit less than I did as a sophomore in high school 22 years ago. Back then I was extremely depressed, avoided people and basically had a negative outlook. Now I'm happier than ever, enjoying life while trying as many new experiences and meeting as many new people as possible and have a positive outlook for the future.

They say hindsight is 20/20 and you certainly gain wisdom and perspective with age. Guess that applies to our own self image as well.
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    two years ago I was anywhere from 175-178
    I used to complain that I needed to lose weight but id give anything to be that small and even smaller haha
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm closing in on 300. I had a "woo hoo" moment thinking of getting a weight that starts with a "2" but then I remembered that 299 pounds was still awful and how terrifying it was the first time I ever saw that sort of weight on the scales.

So I had a moment of being grateful, which quickly went away.
  • jmoliveson
    jmoliveson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi; I am very proud of you for all your success and yes there is such a thing as being too thin. I love the fact that my body is muscular, but back in 2008 I lost so much weight that my legs began to look like twigs instead of healthy and fit. My friends would tell me they liked me better when I was heavier. This time my fitness is focused on toning and if that means I weigh more then thats perfectly okay. Its weird because I may weigh a lot but I am between a 5-7 size so I know that I am still in better shape than I was a few years ago. To me you are your best when you are the most comfortable!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I remember at one of my annual doctor appointments, the doctor informed me I had 'ballooned' up to 125 in a year (gaining #10) - wow, What I wouldn't do to be #125 again :) I'm working my butt off to get there
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yep. I weigh in at 183, and wear the same size as I did last year at 168. Last time I was in the 180s, I was a couple of sizes larger. Yay for muscle!!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I've been fat since I was a teen, I felt proud to be 165 and a size 16 wedding dress (I had dropped down from a 20) this was almost 9 years ago. I was not healthy then nor did I ever attempt to exercise, so now I'm 173 and a size 10/12 and I even through I weigh more now, but am a smaller size I will shout from they rooftops, when I hit 164, "I weigh less than when I got married! Whoot"
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. I stayed around 170-80 for quite a long time, and thought I was supafat...Now I've lost 35 lbs and have 15+ more to go before I hit that weight again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!