Calories burnt during Insanity?

Options
Hello all,

I have just started insanity today again , do you have any idea how many calories can you burn during the exercises? I know each exercise is different .

I have started Insanity in March, it was hard work but great results. Unfortunately I have stopped after a month due to some personal problems. Today, it is the time to start it again.

Any calories tip would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Aura

Replies

• Phoenix_75
    Phoenix_75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Aura

I have used a HRM to calculate what calories I burned whilst doing insanity, as it can vary from person to person depending on their weight, age, effort level etc.I recommend that you get one if you can.

Caz
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You really do need a Heart Rate Monitor for insanity. I got mine during month two,haven't looked back since. Calories vary from person to person. Also depends how hard you work,many different factors.
    Enjoy insanity!!! So much fun and addictive!!!
  • aauraa
    aauraa Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks guys. I don't really know how these work and i always thought they are a waste of money...
  • cmccoyjr
    cmccoyjr Posts: 3
    Options
    Does anyone know of a good brand of a heart rate monitor?
  • aauraa
    aauraa Posts: 12
    Options
    I just made a quick research and it looks like Polar are very popular
  • Phoenix_75
    Phoenix_75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can recommend Polar, wouldnt be without it now!
  • cmccoyjr
    cmccoyjr Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I have to concur with the others. The calories you burn will vary HUGELY depending on your personal fitness level, weight, height, etc. Buy a heart rate monitor to know for sure. I have a Polar and it does the job very well.
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I don't really know how these work and i always thought they are a waste of money...

If you want to get a fairly accurate calorie count for various workouts, they are a good investment. I have a Polar FT7, I bought it brand new for about $40 from a discount website, so you can get them pretty cheap if you don't buy directly from Polar.