IS my food intake ok?

Options
kimbyfly
kimbyfly Posts: 45 Member
I am wondering if my food intake is ok... and what I can d to better it?

My diary is open so people should be able to view it.

I just want to feed my body the best possible.

Replies

• dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Protein seems low, so do kcals.

What are your stats?
  • kimbyfly
    Options
    5 foot 4, 178lbs.
  • treesa76
    treesa76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think your carb in take from that soup during dinner and your snacks are just way too high! It makes up almost 100 carbs from those alone. And I agree with dgoradia, your protein intake is way too low.. I would sub in more protein vs carbs
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Food choices seem okay to me, I see vegetables there, but would suggest a)upping calories, 1200 is too low for 98% of people who join this site and b) up your protein to at least 80g a day.

Also, check out this wonderful post on this site.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    How do you feel? Are you exercising? Whats an average day look like?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I think your carb in take from that soup during dinner and your snacks are just way too high! It makes up almost 100 carbs from those alone. And I agree with dgoradia, your protein intake is way too low.. I would sub in more protein vs carbs

Meal timing (snacks) is irrelevant. 100 carbs is nothing, that's only 400 calories.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Getting appropriate calories and macros is much more important than eating the "best" foods.

Consistency and sustainability are even more important than that. The best "diet" in the world is no good if you only follow it a month. It's absolutely critical that you eat in ways that you find sustainable long term.

Anyway, your protein is too low. Your fat intake is also on the low side.

Your calorie goal seems appropriate.
  • dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    5 foot 4, 178lbs.

And your age?
  • kimbyfly
    Options

Ok.. so up fat and protein? Eat more meat basically?
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    protein can come from peas, beans, lentils, also known as pulses or legumes. Nuts are protein too.

all the best
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Plant sources for fat and protein are much healthier. Peas, beans, grains and nuts would be far better than meat.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Plant sources for fat and protein are much healthier. Peas, beans, grains and nuts would be far better than meat.

This is untrue.
  • dennymau
    dennymau Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing just fine with what your doing!! Your choices look great :flowerforyou:
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Options

This is untrue.

It's scientifically proven however I am not going to enter into a debate on my friends thread so if you would like to discuss it further then feel free to message me.
  • jonnythan
    Options

This is untrue.

It's scientifically proven however I am not going to enter into a debate on my friends thread so if you would like to discuss it further then feel free to message me.

No it's not. If you'd like to link to scientific studies that prove it please do so.
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to look at the quality of the food you're intaking. Processed foods contain lots of sodium which cause you to hold onto water weight. look @ your weekly stats not just one day. maybe you dont eat all the calories one day and eat more then next thats fine ;) same goes with sodium, fat ect... We are humans not prefect just keep trying. :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if my food intake is ok... and what I can d to better it?

My diary is open so people should be able to view it.

I just want to feed my body the best possible.

Two concerns: Domino's Pizza - Hand-Tossed Peperoni, Ham, and Mushroom Large, 4 slice @3503 grams of sodium in one day and one meal is extremely high. Personally this is a heavy price to pay for all good work that was done in the week.

I would incorporate more protein - like yogurt, milk, fish, lentils. Decrease the amount of store bought food and try and cook from scratch and keep in fridge for other days.
  • psychofairy25
    psychofairy25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    yes and no
    Yes because you are staying close to your calorie goal :) difficult to do, and your carbs look pretty close too
    No because the take out is killing your numbers, Id try sodium at 3000 and not a drop more

Upbeat tip : protein when it breaks down doesn't store in the body like everything else you could eat alot of protein w/o gaining weight and the vegetables can be increased to act as filler for when your still hungry.( veges also help your body to get rid of extra sugar it absorbs it)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Upbeat tip : protein when it breaks down doesn't store in the body like everything else you could eat alot of protein w/o gaining weight and the vegetables can be increased to act as filler for when your still hungry.( veges also help your body to get rid of extra sugar it absorbs it)

..... Where do people get this stuff?? If you eat too many calories you will gain weight, whether the calories are from protein, carbs, or fat.

Also, veggies do not "absorb" sugar. That doesn't make a lick of sense.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of weird and incorrect advice in this thread.

Your intake looks pretty good. You're netting 1200 calories or less which is quite low, I'd recommend setting your goal loss to only 1lb a week given your current and goal size. That should get you a few more calories. Up your protein a little too, lots of the time you're really really low. Shoot for 100ish grams per day I'd say. Meat is good, yes, provided you enjoy it.