What to do when raining?

Options
Hey guys :) It's raining today.... I took a walk already but what else can I do that doesn't involve me going outside. I don't have a gym membership so that's not an option. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ryanna01
    ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I also don't have any equipment or anything.
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight/calisthenics or yoga :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Pull up some exercise videos on youtube or do body weight exercises.
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Pilates, have a look on YouTube for some videos
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    This is why I have a gym membership--to not have excuses like this.

You could also just go for a run in the rain. I know people who live in Alberta and run year round.
  • ryanna01
    ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is why I have a gym membership--to not have excuses like this.

You could also just go for a run in the rain. I know people who live in Alberta and run year round.
    I can't afford a gym membership I used too but I moved and now we can't afford it. It's thunderstorming pretty hard too so it'd be hard to run
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Try Lesley Sansome's exercises on youtube, they are a good workout, also jason'skitchen 10 minute workout on youtube is great too. I can't afford a gym membership either, my main exercise is walking. Give them a try, anything is better than not doing any exercise. Good Luck.

I actually don't mind walking in the rain as long as it isn't real windy, and it is Winter here. :)
  • Aquafatty
    Aquafatty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Jillian Michaels workout videos as you don't need much room to do them (I usually just do them in my bedroom if my flatmates are all in the living room!) and they're quite effective. Who knows, maybe that could be the start of something new. Or or or, go have a look at www.fitnessblender.com if you're still debating exactly what to do. More than enough ideas on that site alone!!! Good luck!!!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    stretching, jump rope
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Washington/British Columbia, so I just became accustomed to running in the rain. *shrugs*
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Concur with searching youtube for exercise videos; there are many to choose from
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't run I walk, but here's a sentiment I'm working towards.

922989_10151376756006906_1572837377_n.png
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a library of workout DVDs including dance, taebo, and yoga. They're perfect for bad weather days or working out really early/late. Also great for just mixing up my routine!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You have plenty to do, to name a few: push-ups, sit-ups, jumping on the spot, jogging on the spot, dancing, body weight squats, lunges.... These alone should keep you going for a long while.

Now with regards to no gym membership - I don't have one either but that doesn't stop me from purchasing a pair of solid dumbbells and weights to lift with at home - and tbh, it's a sound investment if you ask me, less than a years membership cost to a gym to get a set of good weights - add a good training program with it and you'll look almost if not the same as you would if you were to go to a gym in the long run.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    All of the above ^^^^

Why would you let rain keep you indoors? (unless of course it's a hurricane or monsoon) You're tougher than Mother Nature!
  • du4u02
    du4u02 Posts: 42
    Options
    Burpies!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Go run in the rain! It feels amazing!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't run I walk, but here's a sentiment I'm working towards.

922989_10151376756006906_1572837377_n.png

^ This. Do you remember being a kid and actually enjoying playing in the rain? Find that again.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Running or walking in the rain always makes me feel like a badass. It's only water.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    When it's raining, I do the same things I do when it's not raining. Unless there's lightening - I don't go out in lightening.