My blender sucks! Product suggestions?

Options
13»

Replies

• jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I also hear Vitamix is great, but I can't personally justify the expense at the moment. I figure even if I replaced my Magic Bullet (approx $40) every year, it would take 10 years for me to reach the amount of a Vitamix (approx $400 and that's if I found it on sale). In 10 years, who knows if the Vitamix would need replacing too......

That's a good point, I didn't think of it that way. Honestly I don't think I blend enough to spend that much.. though it would be nice to not have to buy another blender for 15 years..

Right now I'm between the Ninja system and the Nutribullet. You get more with the Ninja, but the Nutribullet is tiny and looks very convenient. I live in an apartment, so counterspace is a definite issue.

Thank you so much everyone, a ton of good info here! :flowerforyou:
  • kiwanda88
    kiwanda88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    While I'd like to have a $400 VitaMix sometimes, I've been perfectly happy with a $50 Oster for the last decade or more. It gets used a lot and still looks/runs like the day we took it out of the box. The closest current model to what we have is this one http://www.amazon.com/Oster-4096-009-Designer-Beehive-Blender/dp/B001KBY9LO/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1371166435&sr=8-14&keywords=oster+blender which runs $55 these days.

The two speeds are plenty. In fact, I almost never use more than one. The design of the jars hasn't changed in years so there are lots of extra ones available at thrift stores too.
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Vitamix! It was definitely worth the money and its been going strong for years!
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the Ninja. My dad got a nutribullet and doesn't like it. I used to have the Ninja Prep which is the cheaper one (where you sit the motor on top of the blender cup part) - the plastic blade shaft snapped after a year. So I replaced it with the Ninja professional which is still going strong & I love it. I would love a Viatmix but can't justify the expense
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My husband received a individual blender made by hamilton beach, and it works wonderfully! He loves it because it blends in a travel cup, so he can literally just blend and go. We both used it daily and it worked fabulously! He still uses it daily and we've had it since Christmas!

Here's a link. It's also cheap, so in case you are on a limited budget....

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I killed a Magic Bullet and an el-cheapo "Bullet blender" from walmart. If it accidentally leaks, like both of mine did, it kills the motor. I paid like less than $100 for my Ninja and it is awesome. But it takes up a lot of space and seems crazy to pull it out for one protein shake. But I do it anyways. It pulverizes ice like mad!! :laugh:
  • Dharmafor1
    Dharmafor1 Posts: 32
    Options
    I don't think I could ever do without my Vitamix. I make green smoothies twice a day with it. It does carrots so that they are not grainy and although it wasn't my plan it does so many things like making frozen yogurt, incredible smooth homemade peanut butter and the best textured hummus I have ever had. Homemade vinegrettes...the list is endless. And to think that I only bought it to make green drinks! Overkill if you just want to mix protein powders but if you want to do more, then this is a great machine. Qvc flex pay sealed the deal.
  • JosieRossi
    Options
    I purchased the NurtiBullet two weeks ago at the urging of my sister in law. I absolutely LOVE it!!! Like others have said, the price is reasonable, easy clean up, and it blends the *kitten* out of everything.
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got a Vitamix 6300 at the beginning of May as a birthday gift. Refurbished, so it was half the price (basically the same price as the cheapest version one, but twice as good & one of the professional versions). I cannot even explain how magical having it has been.

I kept telling myself with my old blender before it, that I was just dreaming that it would be better. But I'm totally a convert. Save up the money, or choose a payment plan option, but definitely get the best out there. I use my Vitamix every single morning for perfectly smooth smoothies. (Not counting then how to make healthy sweets, soups, and nut butters/nut milks.)

I am so in love with it!
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Ninja!!!! I basically use mine for smoothies and making baby food. Perfect! A Vitamix is too expensive for my needs.
  • lbpowers0506
    lbpowers0506 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Nutri Bullet. The Magic Bullet in theory is perfect, but it is a little underpowered if everything you are doing is frozen. I have one that I use for a little of everything, but if using primarily as a shake blender, I would go with the Nutri in a heartbeat.

We have the NurtiBullet as well and love it! Got it at Walmart for $100... it comes with three cups and lids which also serve as the blender container (you just screw the blades on where the lid goes, blend, and take it off)... so no extra container to clean... you literally just blend it and take it with you in the container in which it was blended... it's pretty awesome!
  • cwilliams080676
    cwilliams080676 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My nutribullet started leaking, a lot. I called them it is a known defect. I returned it to.target for a ninja. I love the thing..
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My husband and I bought a magic bullet for us and both kids. Out of three of us only one of us liked it. We like it for minor things, but heavy duty we prefer the blender. We really didn't care for it for ice cubes.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja professional! We've had it for years and between the 3 of us we are making at least a couple protein shakes a day. I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond so if it ever gives out they will replace it for free. :)
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I ordered the Ninja Mega Kitchen system today! For the price, it seemed the best. I was going to get the NutriBullet for $100, but for $160, I got a 72 oz pitcher, 64 oz processing bowl, 2 16 oz to-go cups, and a few other things.

Awesome suggestions here! Keep the thread going and help someone else! :flowerforyou:
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Personally, I'd recommend the Vitamix. Love that thing!
    Ditto! Love my Vitamix!