Exercise for belly fat

Does anyone know or suggest a exercise that works to reduce the flab in your belly?? Also an exercise that works on toning your legs to make cellulite less noticeable? Thanks so much!

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    You can't spot reduce. You need to lose weight in general until you are happy with your belly.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    blogilates.com
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    You can't spot reduce. You need to lose weight in general until you are happy with your belly.

^^This is al you need to know on this subject.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member

^^This is al you need to know on this subject.

10 reps of "putting down the fork" at each meal, repeat until correct calorie deficit is reached
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    What they are saying is true but what you can do is workouts like crunches for when you lose the weight your on the way to a better belly. All out workouts and weight lose...no secret.
  • Librariangetsfit
    Librariangetsfit Posts: 71 Member
    Include some strength training and HIIT, along with improving your eating habits.
  • carmengeorge802
    carmengeorge802 Posts: 3 Member
    Unfortunately you have to reduce the size of fat cells all over your body to reduce them on your abs.
  • ^^ I agree with all of them. No way to spot-reduce or choose from where the fat comes. But cleaning up your diet is the main factor. Get rid of processed foods, refined grains, and sugar. Drink plenty of water, and get in that strength training (your WHOLE body- you CANNOT crunch your way to a six-pack). You have to shed the fat to get a nice stomach. Diet is absolutely key.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member

This.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Fork putdowns and table pushaways. You can't spot reduce fat.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Exercise restraint. Watch what you eat and how much, increase exercise. You're body will lose weight where it needs to.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Fork putdowns and table pushaways.
    Just make sure you have correct form so you don't injure yourself.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member

That
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Fork putdowns and table pushaways. You can't spot reduce fat.

Dammit, this was my answer.

Caloric deficit, heavy lifting and adequate protein have also done wonders.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Doesn't it just suck!?!?! I mean, of course, it's true...and of course different exercises work different muscle groups, but they won't get rid of the fat in specific areas.

Story of my life...my arms and especially my legs almost always look okay (not GREAT, but okay) even when I'm 80lbs overweight, but my mid-section...looks like i'm wearing a barrel when I'm that overweight. I'm down a total of 50lbs, and it's much better, but I still have too much fat from my chest to my hips. My legs are silly-looking, comparatively speaking! I do have abs, you just cant see them YET!!!