Innate need to despise skinny beautiful women?

Options
What is it? She can be an angel and so sweet without a mean bone in her body. But because she is bubbly, skinny (and fit skinny...not fat skinny), and so beautiful I just hate her. My green eyed monster has got to get a grip!!! :sick: :noway: :grumble: :huh:

Replies

• nrcutie88
    nrcutie88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to not feel envious at times! :( I know your pain. Lately I've just been telling myself if I work hard enough I can get to where other women's appearances won't bother me. Just need to build our self confidence a little!
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think it's human to be jealous of something that "seems" like it's what we want for ourselves. However... the best way to go about this is to find a way to admire the people we're jealous of to find inspiration within ourselves. Once you can change your attitude it really makes a huge difference in how we feel about ourselves existing in our own skin.

I know a person like this with flawless skin and a perfect body, but I found out about all her health issues. This always happens, once you find out more about someone, you realize that their life isn't perfect and they've had it rough, just in different ways.
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    I think it's human to be jealous of something that "seems" like it's what we want for ourselves. However... the best way to go about this is to find a way to admire the people we're jealous of to find inspiration within ourselves. Once you can change your attitude it really makes a huge difference in how we feel about ourselves existing in our own skin.

I know a person like this with flawless skin and a perfect body, but I found out about all her health issues. This always happens, once you find out more about someone, you realize that their life isn't perfect and they've had it rough, just in different ways.

I totally agree with this!! :drinker:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Its truly all inside you feeling inferior so don't. I walked a 5k today and I was the heaviest person there. I felt intimidated, all the women were fit and fabulous looking. I did the walk anyway and I came in dead last, and they clapped and cheered for me and patted me on the back saying congrats and well done, and were so nice to me. They did not judging me at all because of my weight or the fact that I was so slow, but all said very nice things when I apologized for being last and they said no way that I had done a great job and it indeed was a good learning experience, that it was me who had the wrong perception. I am glad I went today, it supported a good cause and taught me a lesson in myself and in humanity. Your thoughts will change in time, but its normal, just really try to work on it because it brings you down not them.